Too Far Usasf! Bow Length!? Really!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's not a safety issue, it's part of the image guidelines.

if a bow size is an issue. lets make a rule about all hair having to be you in a pony-tail. i love long curly hair but IMO thats more of a danger than a bow....

The way I understand it, the bow can be made as big as you want it, loop and tail wise, but the ribbon can't be more than 3in wide?

I have to admit, some girls' cheer hair and bows look RIDICULOUSLY exaggerated. I like neat bows that aren't massive in size, worked into a neatly styled hairdo. Not much irritates me more than messy cheer hair - not only does it look awful, it's pretty unsafe to have wayward sections of hair.

That being said, I remember a time when the trend was to have those corkscrew curl hairpieces and I find them more of a risk than bows - i've seen people trip over them if they've flown off. I'm surprised USASF haven't banned all false hairpieces if they're talking safety with bows etc.

I feel like cheerleadimg, especially allstars is known for our bows we wear! It has become a standard aspect to our uniforms. The only issue I see with bows is when they fall out on the comp floor. That is a problem but it's not something that can't be fixed by securing them better into your hair. Big bows are way less of a distraction than girls with a lot of hair worn half up half down and having their hair all over and in their faces. Just my opinion..

I also think that long hair in a pony tail is more of a safety question than a width or length of on a bow. omg

I don't really see how the size of a bow is a safety issue?! as long as the athletes hair is not falling out all over the place of half up and half down then the size should not matter besides bows are one of the best parts of the uniform!

Having a bow rule is like saying "Nope, Sorry Michael Jordan. You're shoes are too wide" SERIOUSLY. USASF is crazy.

Much like the rest of the image and etiquette guidelines, this is NOT a rule. Rules are the things on the other document titled "Rules". These are guidelines, meaning they are what the USASF would like to see, but won't be enforced.

I'm sorry but I love the title of this thread. Out of everything they released THIS is the one that was just too much?

Back