All-Star 2011 Results

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BlueCat

Roses are red, cats are blue
Dec 14, 2009
I've got a great group project for us cheer stat geeks. Let's compile NCA and Worlds results! Sharing the workload on this would be massively helpful. (This would be incredibly fast and simple for the event producers to do, but they don't seem to be willing to help, so I guess it is up to the coaches/athletes/fans to get it going.)

NCA Results 2011 (pdf)
All divisions, dance included, are compiled in PDF format​

Google Doc of 2011 NCA Results
Needs scores from final day (prelims entered already) - you can get info from PDF above.​

Worlds Google Doc (04-11)
Needs 2010 Results (currently has medalists only)​
Needs 2011 Results​

In my ideal world, we would end up with scores from every category and every round of Worlds. This may not be realistic. If you only have partial information, please feel free to include. (Example: If you only know the results and no scores - go ahead and put those in there.)

I have most of the pictures of 2011 Worlds prelims/semis scores - if someone is willing to help type them in, I will send you photos. I have started a few entries, but don't have time for more today. I will try to work on it as much as I can. I don't have much finals information. (USASF has not been helpful with this up to this point.)

PDFs and photos are very helpful, but having info in spreadsheet form is MUCH more helpful, IMO.

Here is a picture gallery of all of the phone pics I took of the score postings at Worlds. I assumed (incorrectly) that this would be posted online later, so I wasn't too worried about clarity and quality.

Worlds Score Postings (images)

Here is a picture gallery of all of the phone pics I took of the score postings at Worlds. I assumed (incorrectly) that this would be posted online later, so I wasn't too worried about clarity and quality.

Worlds Score Postings (images)

Thinking about setting up a 'dropbox' so anyone can upload pics of scoresheets and stuff like that to be organized on here. Does anyone know an of an app that allows easy upload and sharing to a dropbox or what not?

Thinking about setting up a 'dropbox' so anyone can upload pics of scoresheets and stuff like that to be organized on here. Does anyone know an of an app that allows easy upload and sharing to a dropbox or what not?

I use Noterize to access my dropbox and I believe you can share within dropbox...

Dropbox the service is fantastic, but I've played around with it's public sharing features.

Glad @cheeeeer93 and I's NCA spreadsheet came in handy! Maybe next year we'll actually be able to keep up with the whole thing! hahaha

What would be even handier would be if the event producers would just release this information in an easy-to-use format. It would take them maybe 5 minutes on their side and save us hours upon hours of typing.

What would be even handier would be if the event producers would just release this information in an easy-to-use format. It would take them maybe 5 minutes on their side and save us hours upon hours of typing.
And EP making our life easier? What? lol

While I love the convenience of PDFs, it gets very frustrating to cut/copy/paste into something more useful. Tables of data (like what results are typically put in) simply don't transfer to spreadsheets well at all. It is often just faster to simply retype.

While I love the convenience of PDFs, it gets very frustrating to cut/copy/paste into something more useful. Tables of data (like what results are typically put in) simply don't transfer to spreadsheets well at all. It is often just faster to simply retype.

There seems to be a general fear of letting data be open in cheerleading. I haven't quite figured out why.

There seems to be a general fear of letting data be open in cheerleading. I haven't quite figured out why.
There have been at least one MAJOR event within the last few years that wouldn't even release the final scores, but most coaches/athletes didn't seem to even be phased by it at the time. I was floored by it, but no one else seemed to even notice.

The reluctance of the EPs to open the judging process to the public is pretty plain to see. It baffles me as well. Some of the EPs are coming around painfully slowly, but it is like pulling teeth. I think as more and more coaches start clamoring for more openness in the judging, the EPs will eventually come around.

There have been at least one MAJOR event within the last few years that wouldn't even release the final scores, but most coaches/athletes didn't seem to even be phased by it at the time. I was floored by it, but no one else seemed to even notice.

The reluctance of the EPs to open the judging process to the public is pretty plain to see. It baffles me as well. Some of the EPs are coming around painfully slowly, but it is like pulling teeth. I think as more and more coaches start clamoring for more openness in the judging, the EPs will eventually come around.

I agree. As well if the score sharing was crowd sourced... that would pretty much speed up the process as well.

What are EP's saying the reason is that they DON'T wanna release info?

Among the reasons I have been given (none of which I agree with):

1. Too difficult/expensive/time consuming.
2. Coaches would be even more mad about results if they knew the true reason they lost.
3. Large gyms would be given an even bigger advantage than they already have.
4. Don't want to expose the judges to more criticism.
5. Losing teams would be embarrassed by their scores.

I personally believe that the primary reason is the fear of exposing mistakes. The top tier of judges are excellent & highly knowledgeable, but there is pretty significant drop off after that, IMO. Coming up with numerous panels that are all qualified and unbiased is an extremely tall order for EPs.

I also believe that the majority of arithmetic & "out of theoretical range" mistakes go unnoticed or unreported. Few coaches actually go through and double check the math when you eventually get the scoresheets back. We have seen enough mistakes to know to ALWAYS check them, but sometimes you simply don't have time to do that at an event. If the scores were public, these would get noticed almost immediately in most cases.

Back