All-Star 2011 Worlds ... Gymnastics That Is.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I

imrichhowboutu

Qualification rounds are under way....

After the first 5 women's qualification sessions, Romania leads with a 227.228, followed by Australia (221.846) and Canada (215.328). Romania's average score was a 14.200.

In the all-around standings, Raluca Haidu of Romania leads (56.465).

Event high scores: Vault: Abreu Pen (Dom) - 14.466; Bars: Larrissa Miller (AUS) - 14.300; Beam: Catalina Ponor (ROM) - 15.000; Floor: Diana Buliman (ROM) - 14.400.

The women of Team USA get underway tonight at 12:15 a.m. EASTERN, starting on the balance beam.

Ah. Just saw that Alicia Sacramone tore her Achilles yesterday. EEEK

The women's line-up for the qualification round is:
  • Vault – Vega, Douglas, Raisman, Wieber, Maroney
  • Uneven bars – Raisman, Maroney, Vega, Wieber, Douglas
  • Balance beam – Maroney, Vega, Raisman, Wieber, Douglas
  • Floor exercise – Douglas, Vega, Wieber, Maroney, Raisman

Also sucks that the US brought 7 girls, and only 5 of them are able to compete. It will be interesting for the Qualifiers where all 5 have to compete and they only get to drop 1 score.. Some of the girls are weak on some events.

Finals should go a lot better for the US than qualifiers.

Is Shawn Johnson not part of the usa team anymore? Sorry if this is old news, but aside the Olympics, i don't follow gymnastics that much.

Is Shawn Johnson not part of the usa team anymore? Sorry if this is old news, but aside the Olympics, i don't follow gymnastics that much.
She's competing at the pan am games. Wasn't selected for worlds.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11
6 a.m. Women's team finals (LIVE) UniversalSports.com
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12
5. a.m. Men's team finals (LIVE) UniversalSports.com
8 p.m. Men's team finals (Same-day delayed) Universal Sports TV
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13
5 a.m. Women's all-around finals (LIVE) UniversalSports.com
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14
6 a.m. Men's all-around finals (LIVE) UniversalSports.com
8 p.m. Men's all-around finals (Same-day delayed) Universal Sports TV
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15
12:30 a.m. Individual event finals (LIVE) UniversalSports.com
1 p.m. Women's team finals (taped) NBC Sports
8 p.m. Individual event finals (Same-day delayed) Universal Sports TV
11 p.m. Women's team finals (NBC Sports encore) Universal Sports TV
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16
1 a.m. Individual event finals (LIVE) UniversalSports.com
2 p.m. Women's all-around finals/men's highlights (taped) NBC Sports
8 p.m. Individual event finals (Same-day delayed) Universal Sports TV
11 p.m. Women's all-around finals (NBC Sports encore) Universal Sports TV
For television coverage, be sure to check local listings; to find Universal Sports TV in your area, go to universalsports.com and click on “Channel finder.”

Can you go back and watch the 'live' events, even at a later time that day? I can't remember, and I have work all day until 2 pm..

Also- Anna Li hurt her ab muscles. There's an article about it, and they're blaming the Code and some are blaming Marta for doing an unnecessary amount of pre-Worlds training/selection with not enough breaks. If you follow USA gymnastics on Fbook, it's on there..

Can you go back and watch the 'live' events, even at a later time that day? I can't remember, and I have work all day until 2 pm..

Also- Anna Li hurt her ab muscles. There's an article about it, and they're blaming the Code and some are blaming Marta for doing an unnecessary amount of pre-Worlds training/selection with not enough breaks. If you follow USA gymnastics on Fbook, it's on there..
I saw that too, but all she would have been put on is bars. We can live without her on all of the other events. I feel like were gonna get spanked on bars.

so if shawn wasn't selected for the worlds team can she not compete in the Olympics? i know nothing about gymnastics sorry!

Back