2014-2015 Age Grid Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 29, 2013
Have there been any changes to the age grid, specifically around levels 4 and below in the senior divisions? I have searched and cannot find anything other than for the Senior 5 teams, which were proposed several years ago. Thanks for your help!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The 2014-15 age grid hasn't been released yet.

Thanks so much! I had been told that the Senior level age had increased to 12 years old for all skill levels. I was hoping that when I didn't find anything that maybe I had been told incorrect information:)

Seems pretty silly for it to be released so late. Most gyms in my area are doing tryouts in the next two weeks and this seems pretty standard across the country. Hope there's no major changes that mess up team placements.

Seems pretty silly for it to be released so late. Most gyms in my area are doing tryouts in the next two weeks and this seems pretty standard across the country. Hope there's no major changes that mess up team placements.

If senior is moved to 12, and they do it late in the year like they did the LAST TIME they changed the age grid, my head MAYA BURST. tryouts are NOW. Not mid summer. And forcing us to change teams mid season is NOT FAIR! Especially a SMALL gym. We don't always have the best place to put the kids who are affected by the rules change and then we lose that athlete. Not to mention crush the dreams of a 10/11 year old who just made their goal team. No. They can't do this again. I will lose my mind. There needs to be some type of standard of WHEN they can change the age grid. I say jan of each year put the changes out. This summer time bologna is infuriating and not fair. Not to mention now the kids have to pay to be part of a MANDATORY system... I'm just losing faith all around. Small gyms are being monopolied out and big gym are just gobbling them for lunch. Late changes to rules. Fees for things that never had fees before. It's all so political. Ick.

Ashley

If senior is moved to 12, and they do it late in the year like they did the LAST TIME they changed the age grid, my head MAYA BURST. tryouts are NOW. Not mid summer. And forcing us to change teams mid season is NOT FAIR! Especially a SMALL gym. We don't always have the best place to put the kids who are affected by the rules change and then we lose that athlete. Not to mention crush the dreams of a 10/11 year old who just made their goal team. No. They can't do this again. I will lose my mind. There needs to be some type of standard of WHEN they can change the age grid. I say jan of each year put the changes out. This summer time bologna is infuriating and not fair. Not to mention now the kids have to pay to be part of a MANDATORY system... I'm just losing faith all around. Small gyms are being monopolied out and big gym are just gobbling them for lunch. Late changes to rules. Fees for things that never had fees before. It's all so political. Ick.

Ashley
Hi xtremeash, excuse my ignorance on this topic,,, but it will seem, if you have already form your teams before the new age grid changes come out, those 10/11 year olds already on Sr teams should be grandfathered in, but the 10/11 y.o. athlete after the new age grid should be placed on the appropriate teams...just saying!:fro:

Hi xtremeash, excuse my ignorance on this topic,,, but it will seem, if you have already form your teams before the new age grid changes come out, those 10/11 year olds already on Sr teams should be grandfathered in, but the 10/11 y.o. athlete after the new age grid should be placed on the appropriate teams...just saying!:fro:

There is no "grandfathering" in USASF. When the bottom age of non-worlds senior teams was set to 10 (when previously there had been no bottom age), many gyms had already formed their teams for the upcoming year. They were still required to follow the age grid (with no one under age 10 on senior (non-worlds) teams). It was a painful process for many small gyms.

I have heard, however, that any age changes this year will happen with all star prep divisions, not regular all star divisions, so most gyms won't have too much to worry about. That isn't official, of course, just what I've heard.

"Crossovers between all-star prep and traditional all-star are not permitted at the same event."

Is this new for 2015? I thought the rule was for this year that no crossovers at all were allowed between prep and full year at all.

"Crossovers between all-star prep and traditional all-star are not permitted at the same event."

Is this new for 2015? I thought the rule was for this year that no crossovers at all were allowed between prep and full year at all.
No, this rule hasn't changed. Same as last year.

Back