2017-18 Usasf Cheer Rules & Age Grid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What is honestly the point of adding Extra Small Coed and Extra Small Senior when they can't even go to worlds (according to CheerUpdates)?

I get the point of adding the division but not when it's not a worlds division...

I dont agree with making youth 6-11.
Im sure there are kids who can do it, but i believe the age gap is too big.
I dont think that a six year old with level 4/5 tumbling is ready to be on say cea butterflies/ WC Twinkles. The pressure on these teams to win is big, and i honestly dont think a six year old can handle that yet (again, there may be exceptions to the rule).
Then there is the difference in interests,most 11 year olds dont do stuff with little ones, they are big girls and will act that way. Im in education and see it during recess, the lil ones are cute for a bit and when the big girls get bored, they dissapear from site leaving the lil ones to play by themselves.
Now this ofcourse wont happen like a carbon copy in a gym, but the bigger girls can get upset/tired of the lil ones playing around/not getting things the first time,
Losing focus etcetc In other words: being a little kid!
Then there are Those Moms aka suzies mom:
How are gyms/coaches supposed to protect little suzie from over achiever mommy dearest who wants her lil baby to have a layout by age 6 so she can be on a level 5 team. And who will put huge amounts of pressure on said lil girl by putting her in loads of privates,classes and making her practice at home as well.
Im for letting 6-8 year olds being awesome on a mini teamand letting her show off the higher tumbling/building skills in solo's or groupstunt competitions.
Let them truely enjoygetting to perform in front of a crowd, and doing the stunts
There will be more than enough time to get to level 5

So, I am confused. Some of the language in the document seems to indicate only small and medium teams for 1-4, then says that extra small/ small splits aren't mandatory for those divisions. Are there going to now be extra small, small, medium, and large for those divisions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back