All-Star 2021 Worlds - Day 1 Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CheerUpdates wrote a letter about why they aren't providing Worlds updates this year (it's unclear if this means no updates at all or just fewer teams covered). They can't get into the venues due to the Covid restrictions. They've really been very quiet all season long. Say what you will about them, but their updates were more reliable than most sources. There are many teens/tweens who write "They Hit!" and then I'll look at the results and it will say like 1.5 in deductions. Not every fan is looking as closely as a judge would. CU tried to be accurate and usually was objective without inserting their own opinion.

CU also says they are boycotting watching Worlds on FloSports for moral reasons (Flo once posted a link to inappropriate photos of gymnast McKayla Maroney). It's nice to see someone take a stand against Flo, which doesn't seem to be the most professional company. It's rather impossible to follow cheer these days without looking up results on Flo/VarsityTV, and their subscription is ridiculously expensive for videos that don't even have sound. Cheer is not the only sport that has issues with Flo, but most sports don't utilize Flo's services to the degree that cheer does.

CheerUpdates is in Orlando and did post from the Worlds showcase today, which was run by the same people who ran the "All Star Worlds" this week (which seemed like basically a regular National). It was great that there was a good quality free live stream that you could rewind, however the bizarre camera angles made it nearly unwatchable-- they filmed large chunks of the routines from literally behind the mat. Routines are only meant to be viewed from the front. The production of their events is good quality, but their website isn't easy to navigate and it's basically impossible to find any results. So they have a ways to go. But all we really want is a free stream from the front and easily accessible results.

Last edited:
CheerUpdates wrote a letter about why they aren't providing Worlds updates this year (it's unclear if this means no updates at all or just fewer teams covered). They can't get into the venues due to the Covid restrictions. They've really been very quiet all season long. Say what you will about them, but their updates were more reliable than most sources. There are many teens/tweens who write "They Hit!" and then I'll look at the results and it will say like 1.5 in deductions. Not every fan is looking as closely as a judge would. CU tried to be accurate and usually was objective without inserting their own opinion.

CU also says they are boycotting watching Worlds on FloSports for moral reasons (Flo once posted a link to inappropriate photos of gymnast McKayla Maroney). It's nice to see someone take a stand against Flo, which doesn't seem to be the most professional company. It's rather impossible to follow cheer these days without looking up results on Flo/VarsityTV, and their subscription is ridiculously expensive for videos that don't even have sound. Cheer is not the only sport that has issues with Flo, but most sports don't utilize Flo's services to the degree that cheer does.

CheerUpdates is in Orlando and did post from the Worlds showcase today, which was run by the same people who ran the "All Star Worlds" this week (which seemed like basically a regular National). It was great that there was a good quality free live stream that you could rewind, however the bizarre camera angles made it nearly unwatchable-- they filmed large chunks of the routines from literally behind the mat. Routines are only meant to be viewed from the front. The production of their events is good quality, but their website isn't easy to navigate and it's basically impossible to find any results. So they have a ways to go. But all we really want is a free stream from the front and easily accessible results.
I'm hoping that Flo will do what they did in 2019 and add sound to videos of teams whose music producers allow it, which was most of them. They did announce that there will be a 24 hour delayed "rebroadcast" that will have sound, but it didn't mention the videos.

Very impressed with iNFiNiTi Athletics Black in IOCNT6. Love seeing unassisted double cupies, don't see those too often. One stunt fall though.

Checking in so I can come back later.

I will be in and out this AM and a lot of Sunday afternoon so I am counting on y'all to keep me posted.

I have a Flo account and will try to watch the replays too.

Step One Phenomenal - not the most difficult routine in their division, but very clean and solid.

Not a bunch of great teams yet today, but seal team 6 looked really good. 1 fall, but they still looked great

I think there was just an athlete that got hurt, they cut the stream in the visa center I think

Hi, I'm here and ready to give all my unsolicited opinions and neglect my children for the weekend.

First thing though, these uniforms are OUT OF CONTROL. Like, if you are creating a uniform I'm going to need you to step back, take a video of multiple people wearing it and go "does this actually look good?" Because 9/10 the answer is no.

I'm jumping around between feeds right now but everyone is dropping and looks a mess.

For like the fifth year in a row I also need to make my obligatory post about how I hate black shoes. Like maybe if you have black socks and it needs to flow, but a skirt, lots of skin and then a black shoe is just my biggest no. It cuts everything off in a way white shoes don't and it continues to make me crazy.

Also, everyone get off my lawn. I'm an old person.

Back