All-Star 21-22 Teams & Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oncecoolcoachnowmom

Bestest Newbie '14
Mar 2, 2014
(Figured I'd start the thread for this because this one can't go in the 20-21 thread!)

I just saw that Stingrays at Johns Creek will have tryouts this May for a new Worlds team.

Name and division are TBA.

Last edited:
So I take it the age grid is staying the same? I was really hoping they would fix the junior ages at a minimum.
It looks like they just advanced the birthday/cutoffs a year across the board - so essentially it is the same.

I despise the Jr spread in the age grid. Was really hoping they would change it. Especially with the press this year surrounding inappropriate behaviors in some gyms.
Agree 100%
One of my teams is junior, and it's just really weird to have a 9-year-old with 17-year-olds. And one of our other junior team I'm pretty sure has a 7-year-old. It's just crazy.

Agree 100%
One of my teams is junior, and it's just really weird to have a 9-year-old with 17-year-olds. And one of our other junior team I'm pretty sure has a 7-year-old. It's just crazy.

I think 6 or 7 has been the typical bottom of Juniors in recent memory. That does not bother me.

The issue is the newer top age being SO HIGH.

At one point, you were the oldest kid on the team if you were in 8th/9th.

I am routinely floored that you can (potentially) be in your SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL (you can turn 17 on Juniors now) with teammates in first or 2nd grade.

Like, someone reviewed that and said "GREAT IDEA!"

It’s so weird to compete also. My daughter crosses down to J1. Most of the squad is 9/10 she is the oldest at 13 and they compete against stacked teams of 17 year olds. It’s crazy.

I think 6 or 7 has been the typical bottom of Juniors in recent memory. That does not bother me.

The issue is the newer top age being SO HIGH.

At one point, you were the oldest kid on the team if you were in 8th/9th.

I am routinely floored that you can (potentially) be in your SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL (you can turn 17 on Juniors now) with teammates in first or 2nd grade.

Like, someone reviewed that and said "GREAT IDEA!"

Before, I feel like your average successful Junior teams had a variety of younger flyers with bases usually in MS.

Not sure what it looks like now.

Are they mostly stacked with HS kids (because why have littles if you can use experienced HS aged kids both flying and basing?)

Or are you seeing the team of HS bases with 6-8 year old flyers that you thought you'd see?

Before, I feel like your average successful Junior teams had a variety of younger flyers with bases usually in MS.

Not sure what it looks like now.

Are they mostly stacked with HS kids (because why have littles if you can use experienced HS aged kids both flying and basing?)

Or are you seeing the team of HS bases with 6-8 year old flyers that you thought you'd see?

My CP is 12. She’s too big to fly. With the old junior top age of 14 she would probably have had more chance of basing. Now with a lot of 15-16-17 year olds she is not in most of the stunts. She is basing in the pyr though so getting some basing practice. The flyers are around 10 I think.

This higher jr max age has also killed the senior divisions for level 1-3 especially. There are almost no sr teams at most comps. It’s weird and I don’t like it. Are the people in charge not seeing this?

Please lower the junior max age by one birth year!

My CP is on a junior team, about a third of the girls are in high school. Most of the rest are in middle but a few flyers are 10-11. The wider range of junior ages has hurt senior teams I think. I also think Covid kept a lot of kids out for the season last year. We're in California, we couldn't stunt until like September. And some counties couldn't stunt at all.

Back