2nd Half Of The Whip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Remember to keep your hollow body position throughout the whip as you would in a bhs or a layout, etc. The hollowness of your body allows your form to continue throughout the entire skill. Also keep your feet slightly in front of you when leaving the bhs before the whip and also when landing the whip. Standing your body up out of the whip will help you to continue on with the skill which you cant do if you take off the floor with your feet behind you. Hope this helps a little!

having your chest down out of a whip isnt such a bad thing, if you make sure your feet are infront of you going in and coming out of the whip and also keep your arms down and shoulders you will be fine. You can do handstand snap downs to improve your snap to get your feet in. When doing bhs and whips you need to think about always getting your feet in and arms down (i.e try and slap you legs before you put your amrs back) but make sure your shoulders are down. Some people like to keep their arms by their ears coming from the push from handstand in the first bhs to the 2nd bhs. I prefer to teach it the getting your arms down way. It produces more power going into the following skills. Hence look at power tumbling videos they spend so long working on rndoff bhs getting them perfect when they are little, then when they are older its so easy to get the higher skills becuase of the more power generated :) Hope this helps

thank you to you both! Any other suggestions for a whip beginner??

Oh I also forgot to say keep it low aswell, for a whip prep get like a block that is about 30cm think that is small enough so you can bhs over from a rndoff, will help you get the right height for the whip then eventually go over the block with no hands, then take the block away! :)

Back