9 Year Olds With Doubles

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SheCheers

Cheer Parent
Mar 6, 2011
so, say you're 9 and have you're double, and your standing full...what do they work on next? I'm just curious, i don't have a 9 year old with a standing full :)

My CP was 8 when she got her double and 9 when she got her standing full. She started working on arabians to doubles and 3 to doubles standing after that.

Trick to double( arabian, front handspring front tuck step out, ect.)
Standing full through to double
Start getting creative:)

@SheCheers
Well your daughter isn't far off... That's the amazing part!!
I'm over here getting excited my 6yr old is working tucks..I cant imagine her 9 with a double!! I'd be glowing from excitement!

whip to double
punch front through to double
arabian through to double
full to double
double to double
whip punch double
full punch double
double punch double
toe full
standing series to double
The possibilities are endless :)

I guess my question is...what besides a double is there? I know Arabian might be after full/double, but is there something beyond that? I get that there are different things to throw in the pass to lead up to a double...but is double the end??? LOL.

Like, is there a double layout or double tuck (meaning two rotations before you land)?

I guess my question is...what besides a double is there? I know Arabian might be after full/double, but is there something beyond that? I get that there are different things to throw in the pass to lead up to a double...but is double the end??? LOL.

Like, is there a double layout or double tuck (meaning two rotations before you land)?

There is but they are illegal in cheer

Question- If your 9-year-old does not have a double, what is the purpose of this thread being titled the way it is? Why not 10, 13 or 17-year-old with a double? Whatever skill is next, is next because of the progression, not the age. ??? Or are you just fishing?

Question- If your 9-year-old does not have a double, what is the purpose of this thread being titled the way it is? Why not 10, 13 or 17-year-old with a double? Whatever skill is next, is next because of the progression, not the age. ??? Or are you just fishing?

I believe her CP is 8 with a full so with the progression her daughter has made so far if she gets a double around 9 I believe she is trying to figure out what they would work next.

Not fishing at all...I'm just thinking there is a lot of talk on here about that particular age child having a double and I was curious as to where they go from there. I figured there had to be a next step. Plus a 17 year old with a double doesn't have as many all star years ahead of her as a 9 year old. I'm glad I asked because I didn't realize there were skills that were higher, but illegal in cheerleading. Sorry if I offended those who are older than nine and have a double,

Back