All-Star A Few Worlds Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

queenie

Cheer Parent
Apr 24, 2014
I've never been to Worlds before and I'm debating using a flight credit I have to bring my 10 year old cp to watch our gyms teams compete. It's last minute and while flights and hotel aren't a problem, from reading the event info I'm worried I might not be able to get tickets, or even to find my way around. I'm reading conflicting info about tickets. It looks like I missed the boat for buying online. So I have to buy at the event ticket window, correct? I read one page that said I can buy at the event window starting Friday the 23rd and another saying the 28th. And I'm worried that since it said quantities are limited that I won't be able to get a ticket. Do I have to line up right when the window opens and cross my fingers? I wasn't going to fly in until mid-day on the 28th. Is it really too late for me to plan a last minute trip to watch Worlds? Also, is it hard to find the teams you want to watch? Is it crazy busy and hard to find somewhere to watch? TIA!

N

Terms & Conditions

If you want to include hopper passes with WWOS admission, orders may be placed in advance until tomorrow. Then you can pick them up at Coronado Springs the week of worlds until Friday (they will give you all of the information after you purchase). If you need a gym code (your gym can give it to you but just in case) you can email usasf and they are normally very responsive.

I have never heard of anyone not being able to purchase tickets at the event for hoppers or just for event admission. There have been problems getting admission into the event after you purchased a ticket. Also, if you want to see large senior or large coed finals, you will need to pay an additional $40 per event final.

The popular teams can be difficult to watch if you don't go early. They reach capacity in the venues and block access even if you have a ticket. There is a huge jumbotron outside the arena and people can watch there. Or you can enjoy the live stream from the comfort of your living room.

Terms & Conditions

If you want to include hopper passes with WWOS admission, orders may be placed in advance until tomorrow. Then you can pick them up at Coronado Springs the week of worlds until Friday (they will give you all of the information after you purchase). If you need a gym code (your gym can give it to you but just in case) you can email usasf and they are normally very responsive.

I have never heard of anyone not being able to purchase tickets at the event for hoppers or just for event admission. There have been problems getting admission into the event after you purchased a ticket. Also, if you want to see large senior or large coed finals, you will need to pay an additional $40 per event final.

The popular teams can be difficult to watch if you don't go early. They reach capacity in the venues and block access even if you have a ticket. There is a huge jumbotron outside the arena and people can watch there. Or you can enjoy the live stream from the comfort of your living room.

In all honesty.... skip the headache of trying to get into the venue for these divisions. Disney live streams the whole competition on the hotel room TV's. There is a better chance of you buying the ticket & not getting into watch then there is actually finding a seat and watching it live in the venue.

Also I suggest a park hopper - paying the entrance fee for each park can get expensive (if you plan on going to a few parks while you're there)

I wasn't going to do any parks, just the event. We've been to WDW several times and if we are just coming for the event, I don't need to go to the parks.

I wanted to be able to watch IOG5 and IOG6. Basically any of the Cheer Sport Sharks teams. But hmm, it sounds a little chaotic.

I wasn't going to do any parks, just the event. We've been to WDW several times and if we are just coming for the event, I don't need to go to the parks.

I wanted to be able to watch IOG5 and IOG6. Basically any of the Cheer Sport Sharks teams. But hmm, it sounds a little chaotic.
Those divisions are fine as far as crowds go.

You won't have an issue getting into the venue for the International Open Divisions.
It is also loads of fun to watch teams practicing on the resort & at ESPN WWOS. The only division I would opt to watch from the hotel is Large Senior & Large Coed.

You should just buy the tickets when you get there. Go early on the day you need to watch. The lines might be long but they do move. It's worth it to go especially to see Canadian Trials in IO divisions. So much more exciting to see in person and worth any waiting in line. We went in 2015 for the first time and honestly didn't have any time really to go the parks. It was all about Worlds. Definitely a lot of running around to see teams you want to see but really exciting( there are schedules but probably get it on your phone). The best part was getting to watch Great Whites win in 2015 so I hope you get to be there see them hopefully win again( as well as all the other awesome teams competing)!

You should just buy the tickets when you get there. Go early on the day you need to watch. The lines might be long but they do move. It's worth it to go especially to see Canadian Trials in IO divisions. So much more exciting to see in person and worth any waiting in line. We went in 2015 for the first time and honestly didn't have any time really to go the parks. It was all about Worlds. Definitely a lot of running around to see teams you want to see but really exciting( there are schedules but probably get it on your phone). The best part was getting to watch Great Whites win in 2015 so I hope you get to be there see them hopefully win again( as well as all the other awesome teams competing)!

I also remember cell reception to be spotty - and batteries drain quickly

Jumping on this just because I don't want to start a thread etc! I'm flying from England and landing on Saturday 29th to go to World's on the Sunday (I already have purchased tickets etc). Does anyone know what time the tent at the allstar resort opens/closes as I would like to go and pick some stuff up from the shop they have had there the last few years?

@queenie Go early to get your tickets- the lines get longer as the day goes on. You should be able to get into see most teams, especially if you go for the entire session rather than just trying to get in right before the most popular team performs. Also, as the session goes on, the cheerleaders who have already performed come in and fill up seats. It's even fun watching on the big screen outside- there is big raucous crowd, same as inside, and the energy is high! Also, there is plenty of entertainment even if you don't go to parks- we like the boardwalk area and there is also Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) and you can go to a nice dinner or character breakfast at one of the themed hotels like the Polynesian, Contemporary, Grand Floridian or Animal Kingdom Lodge

Jumping on this just because I don't want to start a thread etc! I'm flying from England and landing on Saturday 29th to go to World's on the Sunday (I already have purchased tickets etc). Does anyone know what time the tent at the allstar resort opens/closes as I would like to go and pick some stuff up from the shop they have had there the last few years?
You may want to ask someone who will be there earlier to grab stuff for you--- it is typically slim pickings by Saturday and even worse on Sunday.

First year not getting hopper passes, can I buy day passes at all star resort or anywhere beside ESPN venue?

Back