A Note On Doxxing/posting Private Information Publicly...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ashley

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Jan 20, 2010
We had an incident this afternoon where personal information about a user, a minor no less, was posted in a thread on this board. It shouldn't need to be said, but that is absolutely unacceptable. I've deleted the thread, but, after speaking with King, I want to take a minute to talk about doxxing a user.

Doxxing is publicly posting identifiable information about a user - their name, address, email address, etc. As far as our tolerance on this board goes - it doesn't need to be complete names or addresses - posting where a user goes to school, hints about their address or family members names are also not allowed. If you see someone doing that, please report the post. If we find someone posting information, that user will be banned.

No matter how annoying you think a user is, how much they're trolling, whatever, it is absolutely NOT COOL to start posting private information about them, especially when that user is a 13 year old girl. And from parents of all people.

If you know a user has not shared with the board information about themselves, do not take it upon yourself to do so. If you think a user is being a troll, report the post or PM a moderator/admin or tag one of us. It is not your responsibility to put them in their place by outing them. And quite simply, the information is not always correct.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:
In the process of this has the op of that thread and similar ones been banned and if felt warranted had parental units contacted to express concern about her behavior?

And thank you for defining Doxxing so I didn't need to look it up.

**I love you, you love me, we're a happy family....**

In the process of this has the op of that thread and similar ones been banned and if felt warranted had parental units contacted to express concern about her behavior?

And thank you for defining Doxxing so I didn't need to look it up.

**I love you, you love me, we're a happy family....**

The OP of that thread has been given a time out, but I'm not sure what behavior specifically you feel her parents should be contacted about?

Obviously not cheer dad, but I would think a head's up about the sheer amount of personal information she has shared both here and other social media accounts.

I wasn't sure if that's what he meant or if he meant her trolling.

Yes mainly the info. If I read correctly I think someone said she has multiple Facebook accounts as well which makes me wonder if trolling other sites as well.

I too was able to find her on facebook and twitter based on the info she herself provided on the board. I don't think any of the info was posted to be malicious, but completely understand where you are coming from. However, I just reported her for trolling since it was obvious that was her intent.

I too was able to find her on facebook and twitter based on the info she herself provided on the board. I don't think any of the info was posted to be malicious, but completely understand where you are coming from. However, I just reported her for trolling since it was obvious that was her intent.

Your report is how I ended up seeing the thread. I don't think it was done maliciously either, but there are other ways of handling that information. She's been given a temporary ban for now, and if the behavior continues, we'll reassess. But she's been prodded and provoked by other users work works now, so I don't entirely blame her.

Last edited:
I'm really confused. I have no idea what is going on or why I got an alert to this thread.

You got an alert on this thread because I sent it to everyone on the board.

Back