About The Rules We Voted On?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 17, 2010
Ok I just got off the phone with a friend that was on a conference call a couple days ago! Are you kidding me that they may do a revote on the rules or evaluate every rule again b/c there was only 800+ voters... REALLY? Not everyone votes in the united states and the president gets voted in.... They don't have a revote! If they do this the ones that voted will be pissed including me and we will all know finally that we have no word...

Has anyone else heard this... and outraged by this?
People I have respected in every way is getting on my bad side due to this

If people want their voices to be heard and their opinions to count, they have to vote! A redo just negates that. Ridiculous in my opinion.

Before anyone gets to excited over this, let's find out what the facts are.

I can ask, BUT I doubt they would do a re-vote. There is no point as our votes are only suggestions anyway. The results of the votes show the will of the people but in no way put into effect anything we voted on.

I can ask, BUT I doubt they would do a re-vote. There is no point as our votes are only suggestions anyway. The results of the votes show the will of the people but in no way put into effect anything we voted on.
This was a huge HEATED discussion between parties involved... I hope there is no re-vote and I understand evaluating the rules that are close in vote (not really) but I would be ok with it, but to evaluate the votes that were 70%/20% is just plain stupid if you ask me

This was a huge HEATED discussion between parties involved... I hope there is no re-vote and I understand evaluating the rules that are close in vote (not really) but I would be ok with it, but to evaluate the votes that were 70%/20% is just plain stupid if you ask me

But, again, as our votes are nothing more than suggestions what would be the point of voting again?

I discussed this with a USASF board member and here is the fact on this issue from a member of the rules committee:

"There are final meetings going on. The meetings are not to try and change any of the decisions but to review any and all changes to make sure that a change will not cause any safety issues or negatively impact other divisions when a change is made to any particular division. Committee members are trying to come up with all scenario's raising questions to make sure that all final decisions will work out and not in any way cause problems or safety issues. There will not be a revote on rule proposals. This is all part of the process that is already in place. Nothing out of the norm. After the committee has done its final evaluation the proposals will come to us as board members to approve."

BOTOM LINE: there are many discussions going on right now to ensure the best outcome of the rules process. Please do not spread rumors without verifying them first. If you want to check on any specifics, ask me or any member of the USASF Parent Action Committee and we'll find out for you.

Hello All,
I hope I can help you out with this. As I write this, I am on a conference call with a mixed group from the NACCC and the USASF Rules Committee and we are discussing every vote that Rules Committee raised a red flag on. There are many variables with each vote that need to be vetted out. There is NOT going to be a "re-vote". Any vote that the rules committee does not totally agree with goes back to a joint meeting (which is the conference call I am on right now).
To give everyone some additional insight - We (the USASF Rules Committee) have conducted 3 conference calls (spanning over 10 total hours) trying to make sure every new rule follows proper progression and safety. We do not take this responsibility lightly.
Hopefully I have helped with your understanding of what is going on and you can throw away some of the silly rumors that are floating around.
Les

Hello All,
I hope I can help you out with this. As I write this, I am on a conference call with a mixed group from the NACCC and the USASF Rules Committee and we are discussing every vote that Rules Committee raised a red flag on. There are many variables with each vote that need to be vetted out. There is NOT going to be a "re-vote". Any vote that the rules committee does not totally agree with goes back to a joint meeting (which is the conference call I am on right now).
To give everyone some additional insight - We (the USASF Rules Committee) have conducted 3 conference calls (spanning over 10 total hours) trying to make sure every new rule follows proper progression and safety. We do not take this responsibility lightly.
Hopefully I have helped with your understanding of what is going on and you can throw away some of the silly rumors that are floating around.
Les

Thanks Les

I discussed this with a USASF board member and here is the fact on this issue from a member of the rules committee:

"There are final meetings going on. The meetings are not to try and change any of the decisions but to review any and all changes to make sure that a change will not cause any safety issues or negatively impact other divisions when a change is made to any particular division. Committee members are trying to come up with all scenario's raising questions to make sure that all final decisions will work out and not in any way cause problems or safety issues. There will not be a revote on rule proposals. This is all part of the process that is already in place. Nothing out of the norm. After the committee has done its final evaluation the proposals will come to us as board members to approve."

BOTOM LINE: there are many discussions going on right now to ensure the best outcome of the rules process. Please do not spread rumors without verifying them first. If you want to check on any specifics, ask me or any member of the USASF Parent Action Committee and we'll find out for you.
No spreading rumors here just stating the facts that were discussed wether they will be looked upon or not. I just wanted others opinions on if this would happen what did they think. BC it was discussed.
Anyways I thank you and Les for an update and an explanation

Back