Advanced High School Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
with 19 kids, 5 stunt pyramid, 2 rewinds. I know you need a back spot on the preps to make it legal. But can you have the center stunt a partner stunt with a spotter and still do the rewind?

I think rewinds are illegal on the high school level, but I know they're allowed on the collegiate level.

What about 3 full stunt groups, with one flyer being braced by the other flyers for a low-to-high half twisting rewind to hands? My brain was churning over this last night and I'm curious.

What about 3 full stunt groups, with one flyer being braced by the other flyers for a low-to-high half twisting rewind to hands? My brain was churning over this last night and I'm curious.
Isn't there something about the flip needing to be caught in a cradle for HS? (or below prep level or something?.....I'd have to look it up but i thought there was some sort of specification at least at one point in time).

Isn't there something about the flip needing to be caught in a cradle for HS? (or below prep level or something?.....I'd have to look it up but i thought there was some sort of specification at least at one point in time).
Not a braced full (which would be braced by a single flyer), but a low to high rewind, with the flyer starting out with crossed arms and completing a half twist on the way up.

I want to say that the high school I went to competed braced rewinds to the top but don't quote me on that but I believe they are legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to say that the high school I went to competed braced rewinds to the top but don't quote me on that but I believe they are legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What would this move at 2:15 be categorized as? I've been wondering since I saw them perform it this past fall, would it be a rewind? Or something else?

High school cheer requires full stunt group.. Most high school teams cannot do all star stunts.
Be careful giving advice when you clearly do not know the rules for HS cheer. Yes absolutely HS can do rewinds and they can do a prep stunt with only two bases, and yes they can full up/double up to the top without braces and inversions can be caught at extensions....see Southwestern 2012 Nationals performance end mount; they have a high to high back tuck inversion; just one of the many examples I can think of.

Back