All-Star All Star Team And Hs Competitive Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2010
Correct me please if i'm wrong, but is it true that you cannot do all star cheerleading AND your high school competitive team at the same time ?

im pretty sure you can in georiga. but your coach at school cannot coach you in allstars

im not sure in california. but the Athletic Director met with us and said that they can do three sports in total for the year! and no outside clubs gyms or anything! but ._. there isnt much of an of season for cheer!

I live in Northern Virginia and you CAN do both, a lot of high school coaches are All-star coaches as well, or just coach during comp season and at our comps some of the gyms in the area do a showcase before awards to get kids to join and cheer at there gym.

P.S. High School Competition cheer is a Sport

im not sure in california. but the Athletic Director met with us and said that they can do three sports in total for the year! and no outside clubs gyms or anything! but ._. there isnt much of an of season for cheer!
Oh, I'm waiting on pins and needles for the lawyer parent to take it to the school board about this type of situation. Not sure why school employees feel that they own a child and can dictate what they do away from school property.

Oh, I'm waiting on pins and needles for the lawyer parent to take it to the school board about this type of situation. Not sure why school employees feel that they own a child and can dictate what they do away from school property.
i didnt think there was any restrictions on that either but. . . a girl had to quit another cheer team for the park. and a boy his volleyball club.

In MA you can't miss any school practice to go to a club team practice. So if you can make it work you can do it.

I"m not sure if it's the same situation but in Michigan you can't do school cheer and all star because the number of hours you're practicing. Same with Travel and school Hockey.

in most states you can. they are two totally different worlds, it would be ridiculous to have a rule to stop someone from cheering both!

in illinois, you are not allowed to compete on both teams during the same season. some of my hs girls stop doing the team as soon as the all star comps. start, while others stay with me, and as soon as our season is over, they go back to all star...i hate the rule because it takes away some of my best athletes when it comes to competition!!

My daughter has done both in Minnesota. We do have some local high school coaches that do not allow all-star cheerleading simply because they do not want the time commitment to be dedicated to all-star gym. However, I was told that cheerleading is not considered a sport and therefore cheering for both high school and all-star did not infringe upon the rules.

Back