All-Star Aloha Spirit Nationals In Washington D.c. 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 15, 2010
I know that Jamfest Supernationals is this same weekend. But I wondering who is left that will be attending the Aloha Spirit Nationals in D.C. the weekend of January 13, 2012.

Rock Starz will be there:
Youth Emeralds(Y2)
Junior Gems(Large J3)
Senior Sapphires(S 4.2)
Senior Diamonds(S4)

i figured that... this is a very small competition...for it to be considered a nationals... only 7 gyms and done by 230 on sunday :confused:

Isn't this the first year Aloha Spirit will be doing one anywhere in that area. That's too bad not many people will be there. Its such a great company, if you haven't been to one of their comps or GSSA yet this year you will love it. Maybe next year it will be planned for a different weekend than Jamfest Supernationals... def tough to compete with

Wow what a horrible competition...
Ridiculous judging system(which i can go on about all day), horrible excuse for a trophy (walmart bought boogie boards with a sticker)
cant say that i would recommend it to anyone in the future:(

wow....
Wow what a horrible competition...
Ridiculous judging system(which i can go on about all day), horrible excuse for a trophy (walmart bought boogie boards with a sticker)
cant say that i would recommend it to anyone in the future:(

I have to admit I'm really surprised to hear that. Aloha/GSSA is pretty sucessful and growing out here on the west coast and we've got nothing but positive things to say. Undoubtedly the competition was small because it was the first year hosting one on the east coast but I think their scoring system is pretty easy to follow and they do a good job of sticking to their rubric. Also, I think the boogie board and banner instead of a trophy is a cute idea because they're trying to make everything fit with their "aloha" theme. Sorry to hear your program had a bad experience at the DC competition, but I would absolutely recommend Aloha/GSSA competitions.

I thought it was run very well. It was on time, I liked the scoring system, and I liked the boogie board trophies. I will definately bring my gym back next year. I just hope it grows. It would be perfect if it had about 125-175 teams.

I'll talk about my gym only. I know for fact that my senior 4 pulls harder stunts that my senior 4.2 team. But my 4.2 somehow scored higher in stunts than my 4. It's doesn't makes sense when my 4.2 is only pulling level 3 skills with level 4 dismounts n my senior 4 is close to maxing out that level. and it's not like this is a bitter comment bc both of those teams came n first. Just seems like difficulty doesn't matter. Than the % system for deductions never heard of any sort. And once again the boogie boards thing is IMO, cheap and lazy. Only thing I honestly like is the location and that they did run on time.

Latest posts

Back