All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hope this hasnt been posted but what are your thoughts?

I actually think this is great! I'm sure they will highlight her so well in that routine. Although I feel like the new trend will be "Want a worlds ring? Move to Smoed!"
In her case, a Worlds ring need not be motivation; she was on Orange, after all. But yeah I was shocked to see the CheerUpdates Twitter post.

I don't understand why a thread was started for this. Athletes move all the time. I don't think there is a need to start a whole discussion over it. Not trying to sound rude, just my opinion

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I know a easy fix! Just dont comment at all and move on with life! Easy right? :D

Last edited:
I think the new trend is starting to become wanting multiple worlds ring/win. I don't get it personally, I'd be pretty thrilled with just having one, but whatever. I guess if the parents are willing to shell out the money for it, then what is stopping them from doing this.

Angel Rice already has a World's Ring, I doubt that's her reason for moving. However, I was actually just thinking about this last night..I'm pretty sure Smoed is losing all four of their boys. Robert, Josh and Michael Eddie are aging out and I don't think Xavier is returning ( feel free to correct me ), I don't think she was recruited but maybe when she told them she was interested they jumped on it. She's so strong in tumbling and I'm sure she can one man, it might make it easier to find three strong boys and one boy to grow if they know she can fill in where needed.

i'm with this not really requiring it's own thread... (or tweet by CU, for that matter) but i remember Gabi or her family saying that one of the reasons she went to trinity was for the opportunity to be on a team with Angel, so that's cute (if Gabi is staying in CA?) I don't know much about T&T but i would also take a guess that there is more gymnastic opportunities in Cali vs Georgia for her. and it's also possible her mom could have been hired as a coach. it isn't always about the ring.

Why all the way to Cali? Topgun, Cheer Athletics, Spirit, World Cup, and Maryland Twisters (among others) are HALF the distance. No disrespect to Cali, but I'm hoping there are other reasons for the move than just to cheer at Cali. There's DOZENS of world's caliber (and world champion) programs much closer. We all know she will be AMAZING anywhere she goes, she's an amazing athlete (and an amazing person from what I hear, I don't know her personally). GOOD LUCK ANGEL!!

I can understand it...who wouldn't want to live for a year in San Diego--its beautiful..and factor in a great team with great coaches and tradition. I say go for it. Since she already has a ring maybe its just for the experience..which I bet will be awesome :) Good Luck!

the only reason i am very very bothered by this is that its april 30th and she's on the team while CA tryouts (as posted by eddie) are may 11-12. doesn't seem fair. just my opinion though
This is what I was thinking. I understand that there's no doubt that she could make smoed, but at least wait until after tryouts to announce it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think the new trend is starting to become wanting multiple worlds ring/win. I don't get it personally, I'd be pretty thrilled with just having one, but whatever. I guess if the parents are willing to shell out the money for it, then what is stopping them from doing this.
Having multiple worlds rings is a great accomplishment so I get it. I'd be thrilled to have multiple, or even one, or getting a bronze medal. I hope flying across the country just for cheer doesn't become the norm. Are all these kids that do this home schooled?

Back