Ankle Brace For Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 8, 2014
Hi! Im a flyer and Im in need of a good supportive ankle brace, but isn't bulky so that my back spot can still have a decent grip. Any help would be great thanks! :)

Was your ankle injured? Does it roll? I'm curious as to why you need a brace... B/C the reason can play a factor in what type of brace you need... If one at all (braces tend to train weak ankles and wrists if not truly needed)

Going off what the above poster said, it's not necessary to get a brace if you just want it to help stabilize yourself in the air. You can do ankle strengthening exercises or ask your backspot for a lower grip on your actual ankle.
If you have an ankle injury and need a brace for that, as a backspot, I've never had too much of a problem with braces. As long as it's not a super slick material it's usually fine. I might stay away from braces with hard plating on the side and/or those that lace up because those can get pretty bulky. But in the case of injury, if your doctor recommends a bulkier one would be better, your backspot should be able to work with it!

ETA: clarification

Back