Any Gyms In The Tx Or Indiana Area Hiring Coaches?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 10, 2013
I am currently coaching in Ft. Worth and am looking for a better coaching opportunity. If you are or know anyone hiring in the Dallas area or in the areas of Ft. Wayne, Carmel, or Indianapolis feel free to reply. I have 11 years in the all star industry between coaching and being a participant myself.

Look forward to hearing from you!

I am currently coaching in Ft. Worth and am looking for a better coaching opportunity. If you are or know anyone hiring in the Dallas area or in the areas of Ft. Wayne, Carmel, or Indianapolis feel free to reply. I have 11 years in the all star industry between coaching and being a participant myself.

Look forward to hearing from you!

If you've been a coach/participant for 11 years in one of the most all star gym saturated areas of the nation, why don't you have any connections in the industry who can help you find a better coaching opportunity?

I am not really sure why you would reply just to question my motives that doesn't make very much sense to me. I am moving and would prefer not to have to make the commute if you must know... and questioning one's credibility because of lack of connection is kind of rude..between cheering and coaching I have 11 years experience ...my coaching experience is only 2.5 of those years...I feel like I need at least 5 before I start applying at big name gyms and they never seem to have a whole lot of openings...so I thought I would give this a try..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

When the few connections you have...have put you in the position you feel like your experience would be appreciated somewhere else little more you don't exactly want to go around asking them about job openings they have heard of...I am still currently at my old job and not trying to get fired before I get a new one lined up

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't trying to question your motives, I was truly curious. It just doesn't make sense to me why you would ask strangers on a cheer message board rather than people you know - especially when looking within the same area. My CP has cheered for several years and knows athletes and coaches from many gyms. When/if she ever wants to coach, she will know plenty of people to have feelers out for possible job openings - maybe her experience is unique.

I think the cheer industry and especially coaches/owners is a pretty close community. Everyone knows everyone (or almost). Just like many jobs, it's often about who you know or what they know about you.

And as far as you saying
and questioning one's credibility because of lack of connection is kind of rude..
What do you think any potential employers will be thinking?? You may think it rude, but it's reality.

Well, send me your Bio and we will see if you could be in Sunny California working in my Studio as a Coach. Hope all is well.

Wow, I think its sad that you tried to network yourself to the cheer community and someone got on your case like this. I mean I get the point but give the guy a break...I mean if you reach out on job boards why is it so inappropriate or questionable that you would reach out on a board specific to ones job? AND.....on the Fierce board they even offer a job openings section. I wish you nothing but luck and applaud you for taking imitative to network yourself!

I'm kinda confused . You state you have 11 years in the all star industry between coaching and being a participant yourself, and only 2.5 years of this was coaching. Yet in another thread you state you have a 17 year daughter, and you're looking for tshirts, etc... Not that it matters, but were you really competing in allstar's and raising your daughter at the same time? :confused:

I think the cheer industry and especially coaches/owners is a pretty close community. Everyone knows everyone (or almost). Just like many jobs, it's often about who you know or what they know about you.

And as far as you saying What do you think any potential employers will be thinking?? You may think it rude, but it's reality.

Although this might be the case in some places, it really depends on location. In our area, gym owners rarely speak to each other. Some are flat out rude. If you are a successful gym owner close to another gym, you are competition-not a friend. It's not far fetched that you might not know all the gyms around you.

Coach#A If you are truly interested in coaching somewhere, I would contact gyms that you might be interested in instead of having them seek you out. This is the time of year that many are looking to hire, and you might have success if you start out offering to do classes or younger teams. Send them your resume, and try and get certified if possible. Since you have not been coaching for a long period of time, show them that you are willing to learn from them and want to grow with them. Good luck!

Although this might be the case in some places, it really depends on location. In our area, gym owners rarely speak to each other. Some are flat out rude. If you are a successful gym owner close to another gym, you are competition-not a friend. It's not far fetched that you might not know all the gyms around you.

Coach#A If you are truly interested in coaching somewhere, I would contact gyms that you might be interested in instead of having them seek you out. This is the time of year that many are looking to hire, and you might have success if you start out offering to do classes or younger teams. Send them your resume, and try and get certified if possible. Since you have not been coaching for a long period of time, show them that you are willing to learn from them and want to grow with them. Good luck!

The point you made is exactly right. That is how it is here...the gyms that have succesful programs don't tend to try and make friends with those at smaller gyms because they are seem as strictly competition. That is my problem. I am going to try what you suggested though...it might be a better idea,
I have no idea why people think it is so wrong to try and reach out on a board looking for work opportunities when it is done all the time? I don't have the ability to network as well as I would like too around here because I am working all the time and if I am not working I am busy busy busy doing other things. I thought this would be a board where the people in the cheer industry could have the backs of one another and try and help each other out. When I posted this I had just created my profile so I could only post in the Newbies section otherwise I would have posted in the jobs section. I never expected so many people to reply to a thread that had nothing to do with them...Normally if someone asks if there are any jobs in the area you only reply with encouragement or if you actually have a position available I guess that is what I expected...support. If my situation was known I think people would be alot less judgemental. I haven't said anything rude or done anything wrong to anyone on this board. I am simply looking for a job opportunity that might better suit me and my family.

And for those of you who were questioning how I have been involved in cheer for 11 years and coaching for 2.5 and have an older daughter...there are many ways this is possible..

here are some ways this would be possible..not saying any of these are my situation as my situation is very unusual but this is how someone could do that.

Cheer & coach simulatenously...which is done more than you know
My daughter could be adopted..
I could be alot older than you think...
My cheerleading experience could be collective not simultaneous..
and there are many other ways

so next time you want to come at someone who teaches kids 6 days a week and gives them everything he/she can...realize you have no idea what their situation is and no right to pass judgement on them no matter what their situation is...
All you as a parent should care about is how well they treat and teach your kids...their level of dedication..their qualifications and that they are doing their job to the best possible ability..

When is the last time you actually went up to your daughter or son's coach and started asking them things that were absolutley irrelevant and none of your business...does your coach put their nose into your family situations and start poking and prodding where it is completely unneccesary and absolutley none of their business...I didn't think so.

I am simply looking for a job that will fit my family and I better. I love cheerleading. I am qualified and dedicated. Please stop asking me irrelevant questions...unless you have a job opening..then you can ask whatever you want and I will be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you have!

If you aren't here to encourage people in the industry that most of us love so much why are you replying to anything.

Don't reply unless you have helpful advice or an open position or know of one please!

I appreciate all of the nice responses I have gotten up to this point and wish all of your cheerleaders luck! Who knows maybe I will get to meet some of you one day!

Have a great day and good luck at TRYOUTS!

Back