Are Whips Legal In Level 4?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Whips are definitely legal, however to my knowledge you cannot have two whips back to back, they must be separate.
For example, a standing hand hand whip hand whip, is legal where a hand hand whip whip is not. :) As posted above you may have as many whips within a pass as you want. Hope this helps!

Whips are definitely legal, however to my knowledge you cannot have two whips back to back, they must be separate.
For example, a standing hand hand whip hand whip, is legal where a hand hand whip whip is not. :) As posted above you may have as many whips within a pass as you want. Hope this helps!
This is correct but only applies to standing tumbling. You can have flip-flip combos in running tumbling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That drives me crazy! There are so not the same thing.

Yeah - when a pass ends w/ a whip I know it was meant to be a layout but it just had a crappy set and too much arching. I call them "whipouts" - ;).

A layout to me is one of those skills that can ALWAYS use improvement - even ones that are very, very good could always be a little better in some way. It is very rare to see a perfect layout.

Yeah - when a pass ends w/ a whip I know it was meant to be a layout but it just had a crappy set and too much arching. I call them "whipouts" - ;).

A layout to me is one of those skills that can ALWAYS use improvement - even ones that are very, very good could always be a little better in some way. It is very rare to see a perfect layout.

Layouts are definitely tough to get right! Tho I'd rather see one that has a nice set but ends up a little too piked than one that looks like a total whip. I've been doing em for a year and I'm still not as straight as I'd like it to be.

I also don't think kids realize that when you have THAT kind of layout, you are setting yourself up for the "full" that is really a spinning piked-over ball of DEATH.

The layout is the foundation for your full. If it's off, your "full" is going to be an injury waiting to happen.

Ehhh here is my kids whip thru to layout and whip punch layout.

Outside of her feet in her BHS I don't think they are completely terrible because the whip and layout definitely look different but my untrained parent eye thinks the layout could be better .. I feel like she could set higher and I don't think she pikes it over a lot as I have seen others but it still pikes some and I semi feel like she leads with her head and throws her head back some

She can do a better layout just doing a ro BHS layout. When ever she does specialty tumbling it does look more like this:(

Eta- just kidding she still does ugly ones no matter what
Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back