athlete credentialing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
I am all for athlete credentialing, but where would you decipher between an "open 5" athlete and a "worlds 5" athlete? i know that open 5 has the restriction on tumbling, but then how would you differentiate since you can have the same skills on a worlds level 5 team? do you just have athletes credentialed at level 5 and leave it up to the coaches what to do with them? because i would think this would put a restriction on what kind of teams a gym fields too.
just an idea that crossed my mind =]

peace and happy cheering

showstopper

ShoWStoppeR said:
I am all for athlete credentialing, but where would you decipher between an "open 5" athlete and a "worlds 5" athlete? i know that open 5 has the restriction on tumbling, but then how would you differentiate since you can have the same skills on a worlds level 5 team? do you just have athletes credentialed at level 5 and leave it up to the coaches what to do with them? because i would think this would put a restriction on what kind of teams a gym fields too.

peace and happy cheering

showstopper

The credentialing is no different Because the skills are essentially the same. They gym determines the placement and it depends on the ages available for the team.

ShoWStoppeR said:

peace and happy cheering

showstopper

In this case, there wouldn't be a difference between "open 5" and "regular 5". An open 5 athlete can compete fulls, which are exclusive to L5. Whether or not you are allowed to do doubles wouldn't affect your credentialing.

Im slightly confused on credentialing. What is the purpose? What is the "gain" for the athlete? I guess I just don't understand if an athlete is on a team that "qualifies" for a bid to Worlds why do they need to be credentialed as well? I just don't get the "gain" for an athlete or a coach for that matter.

I believe it is an insurance thing.

Can someone answer a credentialing question...is an athlete credentialed on all aspects of level 5? For instance, my daughter has been a level 5 flyer for over 3 years...if she has to base or backspot does she need to be recredentialed

Back