All-Star Athletic Championships--providence

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

gofriars610

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
May 4, 2011
Hi everyone! I'm a junior at Providence College, and I am the assistant editor of the news section of my college's newspaper, The Cowl. In addition to covering campus events, the news section also covers events or interesting things in the Providence area. The Athletic Championships in Providence are New England's largest cheer competition, and I've been given the green light to write an article about the event. (It's also a great excuse to watch amazing teams compete!) I've never actually been to the competition before (or any major all-star competition) and I have a few questions.
1. What "big name" teams are going? I know WCSS will be there.
2. How early should I get there to be able to get a seat for some of the higher-profile teams?
3. Who should I contact for information regarding the competition itself?
4. How much is entry for spectators?
5. Does this competition generally run on time?
6. Who from the board will be there? I'd love to meet some of you guys in person.

Any other information would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch. :)

Hi everyone! I'm a junior at Providence College, and I am the assistant editor of the news section of my college's newspaper, The Cowl. In addition to covering campus events, the news section also covers events or interesting things in the Providence area. The Athletic Championships in Providence are New England's largest cheer competition, and I've been given the green light to write an article about the event. (It's also a great excuse to watch amazing teams compete!) I've never actually been to the competition before (or any major all-star competition) and I have a few questions.
1. What "big name" teams are going? I know WCSS will be there.
2. How early should I get there to be able to get a seat for some of the higher-profile teams?
3. Who should I contact for information regarding the competition itself?
4. How much is entry for spectators?
5. Does this competition generally run on time?
6. Who from the board will be there? I'd love to meet some of you guys in person.

Any other information would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch. :)

Most of this you can find in the thread in the competitions forum but..
1. You can expect to see World cup, ece, sparks, pro athletics, USA wildcats, spirit central, star athletics, and more.
2. I can say from experience you will need to be at least 45 minutes early for WCSS. depends on the setup this year.
3. I would go to the AC website. Im pretty sure they usually have a link to the person running the event.
4. Should also be on the website.. It's a pretty expensive weekend with everything nearby though.
5. Usually it's pretty good. Especially for a comp of its size.
6. Def check out the other thread! It's a great weekend to meet people!

Back