All-Star Attention All Coaches - Youtube Rentals!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

John Butler

Cheer Parent
Dec 27, 2010
Hello Fierceboarders and Coaches,

As I was surfing around on YouTube last night I found out that Youtube is beta testing it's new Youtube rental section. If you don't know what that is... it's OK... neither did I until I did some further research.

Basically, youtube is now creating the ability for content providers to put up videos with a "rental option". The uploader can choose what the rental price is and for how long the video is available to the renter. My guess is that the video is viewed from a secure link which cannot be downloaded using traditional software that is out there now to download youtube vids, thus protecting you from having your video copied and posted somewhere else (unless of course someone records it from a video camara and posts it, but it could be taken down easily for copyright infringement).

So here's what I was thinking as a way for coaches out there to make some extra money to put in their pockets or back into their programs...
  1. As a cheer parent, there seems to be a lack of good "tips" and/or "teaching" videos out there. So coaches, make one! Post it on youtube and make it available for rent. Of course, YouTube makes a portion of the rental fee for providing the content, but you make the rest for producing and owning the content.
I know I would pay a few bucks if I could find some good videos that might help my child to further advance in their skills.

Here's an example of one of the "beta rental videos" I found last night while looking for little league baseball drills for my son...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkifUTqdOOE

What do you think fierceboarders?? Would you pay $2.99 for a rental to get some tumbling tips from a really good coach????

This is probably good for people looking to transition a lot of instructional DVDs to a wider audience. I wonder if competitions would take advantage of this resource to allow people to 'rent' comp videos if they'd like..instead of having to buy them or if they don't normally offer them.

Back