High School Average Cost Of Uca High School Nationals Orlando

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 7, 2010
Hello! This is my first year coaching high school and I was curious about how much the average cost for travel expenses, hotels, etc. is for nationals? I come from the all star world where we pay for every thing out of pocket LOL. I'm looking to set a budget for fundraising and fundraising goals!

My opinion is factor $800-$1000 per person going. Quad room, 4 night packages are in the $550-$600 range, airfare varies, team dinners are $50 a kid, if you rent a gym to practice plus transportation, any extra fun gear you may want, extra meal passes are an option..... it can add up. I think the girls trip w/ Airfare last year was $830/kid plus 2 team meals and fun clothes the boosters paid for with fees. Also, everything is expensive in Disney, so the kids also need quite a bit of spending $$. However, this trip can be as expensive as you make it.. and airfare is always a huge factor.

My advice.. bring some meals in, there are some great little restaurants that deliver, you can get pizza and salad to the room one night, and maybe a mom with a rental car can get bagels and fruit for a morning breakfast. We did a team dinner in a little pavillion in all-star movies... it wasn't being used, and a local Italian restaurant did chicken parm, eggplant rollotini, ravioli, and 2 salads, and the girls were thrilled and they had just as nice of a time as if we went out!

Just ideas!!!

My opinion is factor $800-$1000 per person going. Quad room, 4 night packages are in the $550-$600 range, airfare varies, team dinners are $50 a kid, if you rent a gym to practice plus transportation, any extra fun gear you may want, extra meal passes are an option..... it can add up. I think the girls trip w/ Airfare last year was $830/kid plus 2 team meals and fun clothes the boosters paid for with fees. Also, everything is expensive in Disney, so the kids also need quite a bit of spending $$. However, this trip can be as expensive as you make it.. and airfare is always a huge factor.

My advice.. bring some meals in, there are some great little restaurants that deliver, you can get pizza and salad to the room one night, and maybe a mom with a rental car can get bagels and fruit for a morning breakfast. We did a team dinner in a little pavillion in all-star movies... it wasn't being used, and a local Italian restaurant did chicken parm, eggplant rollotini, ravioli, and 2 salads, and the girls were thrilled and they had just as nice of a time as if we went out!

Just ideas!!!
Great ideas!

For college nationals, we all chipped in 5-10 bucks and our coach would to the grocery store and get pbj stuff, snacks, fruit, etc for us to have while at the hotel hanging out and between practices/parks etc. Was nice to have a cheap breakfast or afternoon snack available instead of expensive junk foods

If it helps cost wise, my mom had three daughters going to nationals every year of HS and we could fund raise the full cost for all of us each year so if the pricing scares you or parents away, just know it can all be taken care of through efficient fund raising!
What types of fundraiers did you guys do?

Question wasn't posed to me, but, our team has held a garage sell made almost $1,900 in one day. Also, we do a little girls cheer clinic, sell old uniforms. One we are doing for the first time this year is a bingo where we ask local businesses to donate prizes for the bingo. I'll let you know how that goes. At a football game we have a donation bucket. If we reach milestones such as 100 dollars the cheerleaders have to do the chicken dance. Each milestone is a different task the girls have to do.

How did you all handle flying as a team, I can't seem to figure out how to book all 27 of us in the same area of the plane any tips?!? Also I have never flown before so any tips are greatly appreciated!!

How did you all handle flying as a team, I can't seem to figure out how to book all 27 of us in the same area of the plane any tips?!? Also I have never flown before so any tips are greatly appreciated!!
I would use a travel agent. They will be able to book you best for a group

I went through Southwest Group Travel. I booked it over the phone and they sent the contract by email. A deposit of $50 per person was due within 2 weeks of booking and the balance is due in December with the names of the travelers. The cost was about $12 cheaper than the price listed online for the flight.

Hope this helps!

We also tell our parents to estimate at least $200 for extra expenses down there & food. Last year we had a lot of extra fundraising money, so we bought 7 meal vouchers per kid. That helped take care of a lot of the spending money. The trip is roughly $1000 a person with flights.

We hosted a competition which made a majority of our money. We also did a kiddie clinic, father daughter dance, car washes and sold wreaths. Honestly my parents really only ending up paying for our tumbling classes and private tumbling lessons. Occasionally practice wear. In our area our program is known the fundraising that we do. A lot of other places near us do little to no fundraising.

Back