All-Star Bad Sad Training Days

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aussiekat

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 23, 2011
How do you get yourself (or your CP) out of a grump after a bad training session?

I had frustrating three hours of falling stunts, not hitting my lines, getting kicked in the head/shoulders working new pyramids, busting my ankles landing short on tucks, messy doubles, hideous baskets and just overall blerrrrgh. I couldn't do anything right :( Normally I try to focus on one positive to keep my head up after a bad session, but I'm totally blanking on this one. Times like these I feel like grounding myself and giving up on the whole cheer thing :O though I know I'd be more miserable without it. Welcome to my pity party … weep.

Anyone got any happy thoughts to share or advice to pull me from these doldrums? Pleeeease. I'd love to wake up to some love and positivity. Or YouTube videos of cats being awesome.

oh I hate practises like these!!!
but they are just part of life. just try to think that next time things can only be much better. even the best have days like these.
when those practises occur, I just take a hot bubble bath and go to bed early.

i found this dancing cat, it always makes me laugh, maybe it brightens up your day too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA_cs4WZHM

Cats being awesome:

Also, a warm bath, turn off your phone, and don't think about your off practice. Rest a little. Next practice, make sure you're well-rested, take your vitamins, try not to be distracted before practice and remember that everyone has a bad day, week, month. If you can re-focus and know that you have your greatest inside you and that's what will come out when you are at your best, you can achieve it!

Just remember that you can't base your season off of one 2 (or 3) hour practice. The season is 12 months. The bad comes with the good, and the good almost always outweighs the bad.

Let it go. Everyone is entitled to an off day (a bad hair day I call them) It happened; don't dwell on it and don't let it mess up your positive I will find something good in what I do approach.

Let it go. Everyone is entitled to an off day (a bad hair day I call them) It happened; don't dwell on it and don't let it mess up your positive I will find something good in what I do approach.
Well, I woke up with fabulous looking hair ... no idea how that happened. Perhaps the restlessness and twitching all night gave it volume lol! I hope the good hair vibes stick around for this morning's training session :)

Thanks for all the cat vids, minus the ceiling fan one :confused: but seriously, no CA :eek:? Pshwwwaaaahh!

i always turn off my phone after a crappy practice because my team knows I really don't show when I'm upset or frustrated because I don't like to let it effect practice (even though it normally does lol) but thats how they know I'm upset (I get REALLY quiet) and everyone and their grandma wants to text me, and I don't want to take it out on them. I also make playlists for certain things, like I made a special one for nationals to calm my nerves, I have "I'm studying and need background noise" playlists, well you get my point lol depending on my mood when practice is done, I listen to the playlist I need to. more often than not its my angry music lol but then I have the "pump me up you can do this" music too :)
also, do something you love to do that isn't cheer related. I know, this ones hard haha. I normally will make those string bracelets or my collages (still cheer related though lol) but just something that needs enough concentration to keep my mind off things. Books are good too.
The number one thing you gotta do is get the frustration out of your system and remember next practice is a brand new day. everyone has off days, don't let it carry over. put a smile on your face and tell yourself you can. you'd be surprised how much power that has.

@ShoWStoppeR thank you for taking the time to write that, I know you're going through something much worse than a bad grump after a crappy practice. BIG VIRTUAL HUGS. And I'm totally going to hit you up for your nerve-calming nationals playlist!

just keep going,. falling down is part of cheerleading....EVERYONE has bad days....just think..."i can only go up for here" you love the sport, or you wouldnt be on fierceboard ahah. NEVER give up on something that makes u smile......its all your attitude. attitude determines everything. i garuntee you if you go to next practice with a positive attitude you will do better. good luck<3

@ShoWStoppeR thank you for taking the time to write that, I know you're going through something much worse than a bad grump after a crappy practice. BIG VIRTUAL HUGS. And I'm totally going to hit you up for your nerve-calming nationals playlist!

:)

just give me your email and i can send it! and big virtual hug back!

Back