OT Best Video Camera for recording at competitions.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

cheermomoakley

Cheer Parent
Dec 23, 2009
Ok so I need a new video camera on a cheer mom's budget. Any suggestions on what type or kind should I get?

Are you looking for STRICTLY a video camera? Or a camera that takes videos? And most competitions don't let you record at their events.

I have a Digital SLR Camera for pictures. But would love to have video when I can record. Yeah it sucks they don't let you record and a lot of them if you order the video it take 3 weeks to get it. Love the fact that Cheer Power gives you a DVD that day wish more did that.
I thought about one of those flip cameras but didn't know if it would be grainy video or not.

Flip cameras have great quality. My coach has one and she is able to upload directly to youtube, facebook, or emails through the software. I have no clue what the price range is but they are great!

Flip cameras have great quality. My coach has one and she is able to upload directly to youtube, facebook, or emails through the software. I have no clue what the price range is but they are great!
Thanks I like the fact they are cheap and small. Glad to hear that some one likes them.

Cindy- Did you know that all the videos from cheer power are available online @ www.cheerpower.tv? They will be available for the entire season. They are mp4 format and can be saved to your i-tunes to create your own video library.

You can thank cheerohio. She told me. We've been watching all week.
Sorry to high-jack your thread.

For the competitions where you CAN'T record...

(credit goes to whoever brought this video up in the other thread... forget who it was though haha)

I have a kodak easyshare z981. it has 14 mp and 26X zoom and makes great videos. I got it at Sams pretty cheaply. I'm loving that camera. Has anyone ever had problems videoing even if they say it isn't allowed? Just wondering. Even though I ALWAYS buy the dvd, my cp likes to watch her performance right away to know what to improve on for day 2.

We have a HD Flip Video at our gym to record routines, etc. Love it! Super easy, plug directly into your USB port on your computer, software goes wherever you plug it in, so you can use it on different computers without having to download software. It's compact and really easy to use, and was about $250. Good buy!

I have never got caught video taping in the stands. But I have seen people asked to stop when they are close to the floor. They just ask them to stop. My bad has never been check for a video camera either. I seen people video taping at worlds even.

All those posts about Flip videos are so true!! I have not used one myself but my dad works for the company that makes them (Cisco). He says they're really cool!! I want one but he says I have enough gadgets what with my computer, tv, iphone, ipod, and camera :p

All those posts about Flip videos are so true!! I have not used one myself but my dad works for the company that makes them (Cisco). He says they're really cool!! I want one but he says I have enough gadgets what with my computer, tv, iphone, ipod, and camera :p

A man that works for Cisco should NEVER think someone has enough gadgets!!

Kodak zi8.

Cheap and better than flips.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back