All-Star Can A Level 5 Team Compete At Worlds & Us Finals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm pretty sure that used to be a rule (but reading through this years rules which were revised 9/20/12, nothing like that is stated). I unsuccessfully tried to pull up last year's rules. If anyone can find a link, I'm very curious to see if that really was a rule at one time. There was one level 5 team a Providence yesterday and they had gone to Worlds as well.

I could have sworn there was a rule prohibiting teams who competed at worlds from competing at US finals. I remember at old gym Small Sr5 could not compete. hmmm

The more I think about it, I'm thinking this was the rule when it was Final Destination, as it was promoted to give level 1-4 a Worlds-type competition. As this was before the Sr5-R division.

I could have sworn there was a rule prohibiting teams who competed at worlds from competing at US finals. I remember at old gym Small Sr5 could not compete. hmmm

The more I think about it, I'm thinking this was the rule when it was Final Destination, as it was promoted to give level 1-4 a Worlds-type competition. As this was before the Sr5-R division.
Ah Final Destination....such a better comp when it was FD and they only gave bids to the top 3 teams.

There was a rule put in place after Final Destination became US Finals. In it's original concept, Sr 5 teams were going to be allowed to compete at US Finals. I know this because my old team.gym went to the first qualifying event after it became US Finals and the Small Senior 5 time got a bid. But in a conference call we had after the event we were told that we could no longer use that bid. Then the rule came out that no Senior 5 teams could go to US Finals. Varsity did not want Senior 5 teams to have another option at that time for a Worlds type event other than Worlds. After it was announced no Senior 5 teams could go to US Finals it was announced a little while later than Junior 5 teams would no longer be able to go to Worlds. But they could go to US Finals along with Youth 5.

According to this pdf http://www.theusfinals.com/Divisions/2014All-stardivisions.pdf it looks like there is a change and Sr 5 will be allowed this year. Interesting!

Back