Can A Team Have Half Tops And Full Tops?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 7, 2012
my team is debating tops.....is it common to have a team have some girls have crop tops and some have full?

I wouldn't say common but I have seen it before. I think its great for gyms to try to make the child or family more comfortable.

I've seen it before as an option for girls, especially international (abroad) teams that are just now switching over to half tops. Usually it's when the majority of the team has half tops but one or two athletes have full tops, which can be fine. Some teams also have crossovers from junior to senior or youth to junior in a program where the younger teams have full tops where as the older teams have half tops, but the crossover just keeps the full top for both routines. I would think it'd look strange if the team was exactly 1/2 full tops and 1/2 cropped though or only the flyers wore cropped...

That would look VERY awkward and seem as if half of the team or whoever else was wearing it wasn't even apart of the team. If even 1 person wants Fulltops, use full tops because she wouldn't be comfortable with half. I would go with all team full tops.

The only time half tops and full tops in one team is normal is when it is a co-Ed team. Girls wear half, boys wear full

I don't think it should be an issue. On most senior coed teams, boys wear full tops and girls wear crops, I don't think it would appear much different on an allgirl team. If it makes someone more comfortable on the mat then who really cares? I doubt the judges would deduct on that. I'd advise against flyers only with crops, there's enough sensitivity in the cheer world about the perceived "privilege" of flying.

On one of the CP's past teams, a girl who was sensitive about her weight actually wore the boy's version of the top, which was very similar to the crop but with a black panel to the waist where the crop would have been. You really did not notice it because she was a base as well as being in the back during jumps and the dance, except during pictures and when you were rewatching the video for the hundredth time.

I know world cup has done that for several athletes. I don't even notice on the floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i dont think i would like it, it would look weird to me but i guess if it fits the athlete and they want it, go ahead!

my team is debating tops.....is it common to have a team have some girls have crop tops and some have full?
I dought it. It's weird to have some people wearing crop tops and some wearing full tops.:eek: Our gym doesn't allow us to wear crop tops cuz i guess they dont want us showing our body to other people. :cheerathletics:

No, that's not the best look... It's unorganized. Crop tops and cute but show alot full tops are creative to work with but traditional and over used. I suggest you should be creative and have a full top with cut outs ? Have fun with it :D

I've been on an open team where we've done that. As long as the crop and full top are basically the same, it's not a big deal. You don't notice it. Our full tops were just plain black over the stomach, otherwise it was the same top. Some girls got the full top, some got the crop top and then decided they wished they'd got the full top, so they wore a black tank top underneath. It all looked the same and wasn't a distraction at all, in my opinion. If most of the team wants crop tops and it will make a few girls more comfortable to have a full top, then go for it. It's certainly not going to negatively affect your scoring.

Back