All-Star Can We Stop Yelling At Each Other?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Guess I didn’t realize there were people who think they run this board and if you disagree with them they act like catty high school girls.
are you really asking why I posted on a public forum discussion board????????
No I’m asking why are you so concerned with my comment to someone else when it was not directed at you.

Im sorry but if you can not handle commentary from MULTIPLE posters, this is probably not the place for you. Its a message board your going to get responses from everyone...
Which is fine. But in my opinion it takes someone totally bored to insert themselves into something just for the sake of drama. Your issue seems to be with my responses on a message board so your being quite hypocritical.

That I do ageee with.

Ok but I didn’t post any thread about this topic so i didn’t read all you had to say.

Thank you for the clarification. You just had so much activity and part I mistook you for the person who started the thread. The same still applies. Don’t start a conversation you can’t finish.

And it says a lot you have 0 response to the words I wrote other than that you didn’t start the thread. Have a great summer.

Which is fine. But in my opinion it takes someone totally bored to insert themselves into something just for the sake of drama. Your issue seems to be with my responses on a message board so your being quite hypocritical.

You inserted yourself into a thread you just clarified to me that you didn’t start...

if you’re referring to me, I was definitely not inserting myself for drama.. someone corrected you on your grammar (literally no big deal) and you got snippy with them. I clarified that it’s website feature. But in light of not feeding trolls, I won’t be responding anymore

Thank you for the clarification. You just had so much activity and part I mistook you for the person who started the thread. The same still applies. Don’t start a conversation you can’t finish.

And it says a lot you have 0 response to the words I wrote other than that you didn’t start the thread. Have a great summer.
I had 1 post on this thread that was one sentence until someone commented a paragraph once again bringing up the whole rockstar issue. All I originally said was I didn’t feel the other thread was bullying it was more condescending. That was it.

I didn’t read your post because none of it applied to me. Being told I was dragging something on when I’m not the one who brought it up only replied to what was said to me. Then tried to end up with an I don’t care because I don’t care to speak about rockstar anymore. Has turned into all of this.

if you’re referring to me, I was definitely not inserting myself for drama.. someone corrected you on your grammar (literally no big deal) and you got snippy with them. I clarified that it’s website feature. But in light of not feeding trolls, I won’t be responding anymore
Then I will apologize. A troll? Ok. If you look at anything I have said it has only been in response. I am definitely not on here trying to start anything.

200w.webp

Still very new here so maybe my POV doesn't carry much weight, but please listen to me when I say: this place can get nasty.

I first came on this board a few months ago and was so pleased with the support and positive feedback I got from you guys regarding my daughter's cheer team. I haven't really contributed since but have popped in and out to read your opinions that are always so informational, funny, and generally positive.

That being said, it seems like that good-naturedness only extends until a mild difference of opinion brings it all crashing down. I'm specifically talking about the Rockstar post that seemed to devolve quickly into scorn, derision, and for some of you, personal insults.

I'm the first to admit that I'm not familiar with Rockstar since I don't really follow all-star cheer or Twitter so I'm not sure what the situation was about. But I understand that the post defended a transgender athlete who encountered some bullying from her teammates. Others thought the whole incident might've been fake or just gossip. Okay cool. Plenty of room to agree or disagree there without any ugliness.

But the way some of you came after each other was really inappropriate, embarrassing, and bordered on bullying which is ironic given the reason for the post in the first place. This is an internet message forum about cheerleading. It's just not that serious. But some of you were targeting others like they'd burned down your house and killed your dog. If you're letting this place make you feel that lobbing personal insults against online strangers is a good use of your time and/or in any way makes you look good, maybe it's time to step back and gain some perspective. And if you're attacking someone for defending a transgender athlete -- against bullying of all things -- it doesn't matter what you say to them because you'll never succeed in making them look as bad as you're making yourself look at that moment. It's never a good idea to attack someone for saying, "Bullying is bad."

I guess a lot of ire came from people feeling the whole thing was just gossip and so didn't deserve a post, but bullying is such a scourge that I think it always deserves a conversation. If this whole thing turns out to be fake then so be it, but discussing it and denouncing it can never be a bad thing. That's where I got so confused. It was a post I felt sure would show a lot of unity and compassion, and instead turned kind of gross and pathetic.

Anyway, it was really disappointing to read on here given that I've come to think of this place as a safe harbor against the cheer hate that seemingly inundates the rest of the world. If we can't avoid that behavior we're we're no better than the pathetic anonymous Twitter users that spend their time terrorizing strangers for reasons they made up in their heads. And I come here because it's not Twitter. It's much more mature and refreshing. Please let's keep it that way. I know sometimes people post stuff we don't agree with, and that's fine. No reason to let it ruin your day or anyone else's.

Whelp, welcome to the internet! :)

This place can be a little touch and go. I find the rules are pretty fluid. Lots of stuff about keeping the boards clean, and for the most part that's true. But there have been more than a few times when I've read something from someone that's completely out of line and think, "If I said that, I'd be banned six times over." But it's not me saying it, so it gets a highly questionable pass. However, I don't dislike or report people because I feel that can be used as a passive-agressive way to create a pile on. Which is unnecessary.

It's important to remember that this is an internet forum. So it's really not worth getting upset over. There will always be those who lose sight of that -- which is weird to me since this is a cheerleading message board and literally none of this matters -- but just let them have their ill-begotten time in the sun (or as much sun as they can get hiding behind an avatar). Let them memorize all your past posts and tell you everything they think is wrong with them, just because. Let them follow you around this site being offended by everything you say, even though you’d think if they were that offended they could just NOT read your stuff altogether. Just... let them. Sooner or later they’ll tire themselves out, like children do.

Don't let it get to you :)

Last edited:
Back