Can You Tumble With A Fused Arch?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 16, 2011
Real stupid question here. I've thought of taking a tumbling class (for fun, as a variation to my normal fitness program, and as something to do while the kids are at the gym). Early this spring, I was in a car accident that resulted in a nasty lisfranc fracture of my right foot. My entire arch is now fused (screws suck). Is it still possible to tumble? And could someone kindly walk me through what happens to a foot while tumbling? It sounds dumb, however if I know how my foot is affected/where the weight goes/etc, I can start conditioning it now to handle those stresses (assuming tumbling is even possible).

If it matters: I do experience arthritis through my foot, worse when it's colder. It's taken me 7 months of recovery time to get to the point where I can run short distances, and I can only walk comfortably if I have a pretty hefty arch support, so any barefoot work is out, although that is supposed to improve throughout the next year.

Btw, I'm glad to know I'm not going to be the only 20-something learning tumbling, so kudos to the others in this boat who have posted in this forum.

Btw, I'm glad to know I'm not going to be the only 20-something learning tumbling, so kudos to the others in this boat who have posted in this forum.

Yay, yo go girl!! :D

As to your question, I don't know but I hope someone else can help. Maybe you could as a physical therapist if you have one?

My husband can tumble and he has a plate in his foot and two screws in his heel. Its not the same thing, but I am sure there is hope for you! Good luck!

Back