Cartwheel Dismount Level 1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 16, 2012
I am thinking of more creative ways to have my junior 1 dismount (they are mostly youth age with only a few junior age). I wanted to try a variation of a cartwheel out where they would essentially cradle onto their sides with the backspot never letting go then cartwheel from there. I think this is legal because they already front cradle and forward roll this would be the same only on their side. I just want to make sure before i add any illegal changes to their routine...

Flyer would need to put a foot down and then cartwheel out. No inversions from any kind of cradle position towards the ground in level 1.

Do your flyers put their foot on the ground then roll out of the prone? Otherwise that's also illegal for level 1... That isn't legal until level 3.

Flyer would need to put a foot down and then cartwheel out. No inversions from any kind of cradle position towards the ground in level 1.

Do your flyers put their foot on the ground then roll out of the prone? Otherwise that's also illegal for level 1... That isn't legal until level 3.

They don't and we got a safety but only on one flyer and because they caught her inverted (didn't catch her chest) and let her roll, they didn't say anything about the other three so now I'm super curious because I know what you mean!

Back