Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Emily

International Cheer Correspondent
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Jul 10, 2010
As per request from @ACEDAD here is the recreation of the Champions League Info Thread. A little google search actually revealed that part of this thread was still in my cache and therefore I'm able to re-create a lot of it via copy and paste. I left out some quotes and removed the tags. But essentially this was pages one and six of this thread as of Dec 14:

Emily
This thread is solely for the purpose of posting information about the Champions League. Post your questions/comments please in other threads (This one for example). Thank you!

What we know so far about the Champions League:
  • It is a competition/event
  • It will take place at the Convention Center in Philadelphia
  • It will be April 5-6 2014
  • It is communicated that all teams that are announced will be attending
  • Somehow Nfinity supports it (we don't know exactly how)
  • It is a cooperative effort of the involved gym owners and Nfinity

Teams competing in The Champions League:
  1. World Cup Shooting Stars (large all girl)
  2. World Cup Suns (medium all girl)
  3. World Cup Odyssey (medium coed)
  4. Georgia Allstars (large coed)
  5. Top Gun (large coed)
  6. ACE Warriors (large coed)
  7. Cheer Extreme SSX (small all girl)
  8. Cheer Extreme Coed Elite (large coed)
  9. Cheer Extreme Senior Elite (large all girl)
  10. East Celebrity Elite C5 (medium coed)
  11. Stingrays Orange (large all girl)
  12. Stingrays Peach (medium all girl)
  13. Maryland Twisters F5 (large all girl)
  14. Maryland Twisters Reign (medium coed)
  15. Woodlands Elite Generals (small all girl)
  16. California Allstars Coed (large coed)
  17. California Allstars Lady Bullets (small all girl)
  18. California Allstars Smoed (small coed)
  19. California Allstars Aces (medium all girl)
  20. Green Bay Elite (small all girl)
  21. Brandon Allstars Senior Black (small coed)
  22. ICE Lady Lightning (small all girl)
  23. Spirit Of Texas (medium coed)
  24. Cheer Athletics Panthers (large all girl)
  25. Cheer Athletics Cheetahs (large coed)
  26. Gymtyme Platinum (medium coed)
  27. Rockstar Cheer The Beatles (small coed)
  28. Twist and Shout Obsession (medium coed)
ilikebigbows
Seems to be a theme with 7 and 24.

Emily
  • The location was finalized to be in Atlanta (due to size of the competition)
  • It will change locations every year
  • The chose event producer for 2014 is GSSA
Jettplane_JB
I need for them to announce a website or something! All of this word of mouth is completely draining and at times misleading... but hey the good news is that its in ATL so there's only a 1.5 - 2 hour drive for me to attend instead of flying up north! Yayyyyyyy ME! :enjoyshow:

Emily
Please see above: this thread is for collecting information - post your questions/comments please in other threads (This one for example). Thank you!

cheercurl
How do you know 24 teams will be competing? Did they register? Did they pay an entrance fee? because until that happens all you have is a list of teams that might attend if it is what they thought it would be...which is mind blowing to me considering we still don't have a format.

Emily
Even though this thread is supposed to be INFORMATION only:
Emily said:
[...]
  • It is communicated that all teams that are announced will be attending[...]
So all 28 teams that are announced - until further information is released - will compete.
This thread's purpose is to avoid that people have to read through I don't know how many pages of the discussion thread, so I would like to keep it to information only - please post questions/concerns/anything else please in the discussion thread. As soon as other/different information is released people can post it here.

cheeringforlyfe
so this is kinda like the majors?

lakerfantlc
from what I know all teams accepted before being announced

ajgreen300
I thought that CA was not attending, at least that's what (@)BlueCat said in the thread for CA Rumors.

CEAisstronger
You could've said this in the other thread but they later changed their minds based on details changing.

cheercurl
Accepted yes but unless they paid an entrance fee ...all you really have is a list of gyms that said yes that sounds good let me know when you have all the details.

WCCheerMom1213
Nfinity Champions League

NJCoach
Going to be viewable in movie theaters? Wait, really?

alexacheer2010
I just saw that too... are they going to have people sitting the theater for 8 hours? Or I wonder if it'll be like a highlight video of some sort.

Here we are missing page 2-5 which for some weird reason I cannot get to load from cache... so everyone participating in those pages need to recreate their posts. They were definitely about "how can they even finance it" and some numbers thrown around on how many people need to watch it to break even, what ticket prices might be, and then some people saying that it is great to have allstar cheerleading in movie theaters and that this is great for our sport. Then someone was laughing at how somehow everyone became and overnight-expert in movie-theater economics, and then king said something witty back (which I unfortunately don't remember). There was also the date of the movie-theater thing somewhere in there announced which seems to be April 10th 2014.
People were also ignoring my first post to post information only in this thread and discuss this whole thing in the other thread...

OhyeahElgin
Just-a-Mom said:
Well you're definitely not the only one! We talked about it last summer when they first posted it and there are a handful of us that are aware that ICE does not have any team that is "getting less heavy" (lightening) - I just can't believe in 5 months no one has had 3 minutes to fix it. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app

"Less heavy" OMG lololololol! yes! Lady Lightening sounds like an episode of The Biggest Loser.

SarahS
Fathom Events did a special viewing across the country of the 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who. It was crazy successful to the point of talk about an actual movie now (squeeee). I would pay for it especially if it's in 3D!
I still think Justin should have the arena background in 3D at NCA so when a team comes out the name pops out over the floor...everything is better in IMAX.
Mentions of Doctor Who on FB always get a shimmy :shimmy:

cheermommaRN
In L&D "lightening" is when the baby drops before labor...Lady Lightening=Lady Drops?:p

DJ

Fathom Events is the production company that CL is working with (sorry if that has been mentioned before).

Ashley

I feel like Doctor Who and Justin Bieber and all those other one time special events have much more of a mainstream appeal than cheer. We're kind of a niche sport, so offering it in theaters seems weird to me.

King

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/falstaff/more-info/theater-locations
Tickets for the other events seem to be about $20. I would assume this would be similar for cheer.

ShannonKe

Nice to see that all the theaters within an hour are on that list, now whether it actually comes to backwoods PA is to be seen..

xtremeteal4life
Cheermom1969 said:
Big screen, baby! And theater popcorn! What could be better? ;)

Besides, the only livestream I've really been able to watch is, well, that web site that shall not be named with the blurry output... eek.
Cheerlive

King said:
Will it be live or a few days later? If recorded what will be different than the videos that people will post on the web I am wondering.​
The possibility of seeing everyone hit ;)
And of course everyone's 15 min of fame :p (BC then everyone could actually say aren't just a "cheerlebrity" anymore)
All joking aside, having said that, I'll probably go see it if a nearby theater carries it.

As per request from @ACEDAD here is the recreation of the Champions League Info Thread. A little google search actually revealed that part of this thread was still in my cache and therefore I'm able to re-create a lot of it via copy and paste. I left out some quotes and removed the tags. But essentially this was pages one and six of this thread as of Dec 14:

Emily
This thread is solely for the purpose of posting information about the Champions League. Post your questions/comments please in other threads (This one for example). Thank you!

What we know so far about the Champions League:
  • It is a competition/event
  • It will take place at the Convention Center in Philadelphia
  • It will be April 5-6 2014
  • It is communicated that all teams that are announced will be attending
  • Somehow Nfinity supports it (we don't know exactly how)
  • It is a cooperative effort of the involved gym owners and Nfinity

Teams competing in The Champions League:
  1. World Cup Shooting Stars (large all girl)
  2. World Cup Suns (medium all girl)
  3. World Cup Odyssey (medium coed)
  4. Georgia Allstars (large coed)
  5. Top Gun (large coed)
  6. ACE Warriors (large coed)
  7. Cheer Extreme SSX (small all girl)
  8. Cheer Extreme Coed Elite (large coed)
  9. Cheer Extreme Senior Elite (large all girl)
  10. East Celebrity Elite C5 (medium coed)
  11. Stingrays Orange (large all girl)
  12. Stingrays Peach (medium all girl)
  13. Maryland Twisters F5 (large all girl)
  14. Maryland Twisters Reign (medium coed)
  15. Woodlands Elite Generals (small all girl)
  16. California Allstars Coed (large coed)
  17. California Allstars Lady Bullets (small all girl)
  18. California Allstars Smoed (small coed)
  19. California Allstars Aces (medium all girl)
  20. Green Bay Elite (small all girl)
  21. Brandon Allstars Senior Black (small coed)
  22. ICE Lady Lightning (small all girl)
  23. Spirit Of Texas (medium coed)
  24. Cheer Athletics Panthers (large all girl)
  25. Cheer Athletics Cheetahs (large coed)
  26. Gymtyme Platinum (medium coed)
  27. Rockstar Cheer The Beatles (small coed)
  28. Twist and Shout Obsession (medium coed)
ilikebigbows
Seems to be a theme with 7 and 24.

Emily
  • The location was finalized to be in Atlanta (due to size of the competition)
  • It will change locations every year
  • The chose event producer for 2014 is GSSA
Jettplane_JB
I need for them to announce a website or something! All of this word of mouth is completely draining and at times misleading... but hey the good news is that its in ATL so there's only a 1.5 - 2 hour drive for me to attend instead of flying up north! Yayyyyyyy ME! :enjoyshow:

Emily
Please see above: this thread is for collecting information - post your questions/comments please in other threads (This one for example). Thank you!

cheercurl
How do you know 24 teams will be competing? Did they register? Did they pay an entrance fee? because until that happens all you have is a list of teams that might attend if it is what they thought it would be...which is mind blowing to me considering we still don't have a format.

Emily
Even though this thread is supposed to be INFORMATION only:
Emily said:
[...]
  • It is communicated that all teams that are announced will be attending[...]
So all 28 teams that are announced - until further information is released - will compete.
This thread's purpose is to avoid that people have to read through I don't know how many pages of the discussion thread, so I would like to keep it to information only - please post questions/concerns/anything else please in the discussion thread. As soon as other/different information is released people can post it here.

cheeringforlyfe
so this is kinda like the majors?

lakerfantlc
from what I know all teams accepted before being announced

ajgreen300
I thought that CA was not attending, at least that's what (@)BlueCat said in the thread for CA Rumors.

CEAisstronger
You could've said this in the other thread but they later changed their minds based on details changing.

cheercurl
Accepted yes but unless they paid an entrance fee ...all you really have is a list of gyms that said yes that sounds good let me know when you have all the details.

WCCheerMom1213
Nfinity Champions League

NJCoach
Going to be viewable in movie theaters? Wait, really?

alexacheer2010
I just saw that too... are they going to have people sitting the theater for 8 hours? Or I wonder if it'll be like a highlight video of some sort.

Here we are missing page 2-5 which for some weird reason I cannot get to load from cache... so everyone participating in those pages need to recreate their posts. They were definitely about "how can they even finance it" and some numbers thrown around on how many people need to watch it to break even, what ticket prices might be, and then some people saying that it is great to have allstar cheerleading in movie theaters and that this is great for our sport. Then someone was laughing at how somehow everyone became and overnight-expert in movie-theater economics, and then king said something witty back (which I unfortunately don't remember). There was also the date of the movie-theater thing somewhere in there announced which seems to be April 10th 2014.
People were also ignoring my first post to post information only in this thread and discuss this whole thing in the other thread...

OhyeahElgin
Just-a-Mom said:
Well you're definitely not the only one! We talked about it last summer when they first posted it and there are a handful of us that are aware that ICE does not have any team that is "getting less heavy" (lightening) - I just can't believe in 5 months no one has had 3 minutes to fix it. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app

"Less heavy" OMG lololololol! yes! Lady Lightening sounds like an episode of The Biggest Loser.

SarahS
Fathom Events did a special viewing across the country of the 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who. It was crazy successful to the point of talk about an actual movie now (squeeee). I would pay for it especially if it's in 3D!
I still think Justin should have the arena background in 3D at NCA so when a team comes out the name pops out over the floor...everything is better in IMAX.
Mentions of Doctor Who on FB always get a shimmy :shimmy:

cheermommaRN
In L&D "lightening" is when the baby drops before labor...Lady Lightening=Lady Drops?:p
DJ
Fathom Events is the production company that CL is working with (sorry if that has been mentioned before).
Ashley
I feel like Doctor Who and Justin Bieber and all those other one time special events have much more of a mainstream appeal than cheer. We're kind of a niche sport, so offering it in theaters seems weird to me.
King
http://www.fathomevents.com/event/falstaff/more-info/theater-locations
Tickets for the other events seem to be about $20. I would assume this would be similar for cheer.
ShannonKe
Nice to see that all the theaters within an hour are on that list, now whether it actually comes to backwoods PA is to be seen..

xtremeteal4life
Cheermom1969 said:
Big screen, baby! And theater popcorn! What could be better? ;)

Besides, the only livestream I've really been able to watch is, well, that web site that shall not be named with the blurry output... eek.
Cheerlive

King said:
Will it be live or a few days later? If recorded what will be different than the videos that people will post on the web I am wondering.​
The possibility of seeing everyone hit ;)
And of course everyone's 15 min of fame :p (BC then everyone could actually say aren't just a "cheerlebrity" anymore)
All joking aside, having said that, I'll probably go see it if a nearby theater carries it.
Actually I'm the one who said the comment after King's last response listed (the possibility of everyone hitting......... All joking aside i'll prob go). I'm kinda confused...why did this thread get deleted? I went back and saw two of my posts had been edited and asked why (just to make sure I hadn't done anything wrong) nobody answered but the thread was still active, then I go to the thread later BC I saw people were still posting -and the thread disappeared before my eyes-as in I couldn't click past page 2 I think, then nothing at all.

Sorry if this was already posted. This is off the website. My girls want to go watch it!

Date: Thursday, April 10

Time: 7:30pm (local time)

Run Time: 2 hours 30 minutes (approximate)

Ticketing: Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, January 10. Sign up HERE for an email reminder or text NFINITY to FATHOM (328466) for a mobile reminder when tickets are on sale.

Special Fathom Features: Action-packed routines - featuring acrobatics, gymnastics, and dance - from 30 elite cheerleadingteams as they compete to be named Grand Champion.

NCM Fathom Events and the Nfinity Champions League are thrilled to bring the ultimate cheerleading competition to the big screen when Nfinity Champions League Cheerleading Event hits select cinemas nationwide on Thursday, April 10.

Captured LIVE four days earlier from Atlanta, GA, this exclusive one-night cinema event will showcase 30 of the country’s most decorated cheerleading teams as they unite for a competition of epic proportions and fight to be named Grand Champion.

Packed with non-stop action, don’t miss this opportunity to cheer on your favorite teams as the best of the best come together to crown one true champion!

NCM Fathom Events: 10 Messages/Month. Text STOP to Cancel, HELP for Help. Message and Data Rates May Apply.

Sorry if this was already posted. This is off the website. My girls want to go watch it!

Date: Thursday, April 10

Time: 7:30pm (local time)

Run Time: 2 hours 30 minutes (approximate)

Ticketing: Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, January 10. Sign up HERE for an email reminder or text NFINITY to FATHOM (328466) for a mobile reminder when tickets are on sale.

Special Fathom Features: Action-packed routines - featuring acrobatics, gymnastics, and dance - from 30 elite cheerleadingteams as they compete to be named Grand Champion.

NCM Fathom Events and the Nfinity Champions League are thrilled to bring the ultimate cheerleading competition to the big screen when Nfinity Champions League Cheerleading Event hits select cinemas nationwide on Thursday, April 10.

Captured LIVE four days earlier from Atlanta, GA, this exclusive one-night cinema event will showcase 30 of the country’s most decorated cheerleading teams as they unite for a competition of epic proportions and fight to be named Grand Champion.

Packed with non-stop action, don’t miss this opportunity to cheer on your favorite teams as the best of the best come together to crown one true champion!

NCM Fathom Events: 10 Messages/Month. Text STOP to Cancel, HELP for Help. Message and Data Rates May Apply.

Tickets for the Champions League Fathom event in theaters April 10th actually were on sale today or maybe earlier (not sure why earlier than they origninally posted!), go to Fandango.com and you can already buy tickets. Also, CheerUpdates 2 is having a contest on twitter giving away tickets for this, go to their twitter page for instructions on how to win. I already bought our tickets just to be safe as CP really wants to go! Oh FYI, tickets were $10.50-$12.50 plus convenience fees.

Last edited:
Nfinity Champions League

Please correct me if I am wrong, the way I am understanding it all teams are against all teams. They won't be broken down into divisions. It will be coed against all girl, large against small, etc. Is that right? If so, do certain type of teams tend to start with a higher raw score and which ones?

Back