All-Star Cheer Bows

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 14, 2011
I want to learn how to make big cheer bow but the ribbon I bought is so floppy. Can someone tell me what type of ribbon to buy? If you could send a video that helped you learn how to make bows. I looked on youtube and found one that was easy to follow but if anyone knows of any other ones that would be helpful. Thanks so much!

Yes read the above thread but also try fabric stiffener. You can buy it a any craft store. It just makes the ribbon a little easier to work with. But agian that thread above has EVERYTHING and ANYTHING youll ever need to know about making bows.

how do you cut sequince and do you have to put like a matting on the back of the sequince?

how do most people cut their ends so perfectly?
how do you cut sequince and do you have to put like a matting on the back of the sequince?
Fold the tail in half and then cut it diagonally, both slants should be equal. Run a lighter over the ends or use fray check/nail polish.

Most people buy fabric with sequins on it then glue it to ribbon and yes, you have to use grosgrain or else it will be floppy.

I have two videos on bows, one kind of a breeze through and one more detailed. youtube.com/corchoi
perfectchoicebows.bigcartel.com

Fold the tail in half and then cut it diagonally, both slants should be equal. Run a lighter over the ends or use fray check/nail polish.

Most people buy fabric with sequins on it then glue it to ribbon and yes, you have to use grosgrain or else it will be floppy.

I have two videos on bows, one kind of a breeze through and one more detailed. youtube.com/corchoi
perfectchoicebows.bigcartel.com
I see so many people using lighters, they work fine, but it is much easier and more professional looking to use a wood cutter. You can pick one up in any craft store for about $12 - 15. I use a metal tray....because it is very hot and cuts through everything.....you use it like a pen along the edge and it burns the edges perfectly

I see so many people using lighters, they work fine, but it is much easier and more professional looking to use a wood cutter. You can pick one up in any craft store for about $12 - 15. I use a metal tray....because it is very hot and cuts through everything.....you use it like a pen along the edge and it burns the edges perfectly
Is it a lot of upkeep? I've heard good and bad things. I don't like buying things that only serve one purpose and require a bunch of maintanence. Like for a rotary cutter - blades and sharpeners and a mat ughhhh

my mom has a bow company- bow pop couture. :)
On the side of upkeeping the edges, use a lighter. We've tried several methods, and the lighter keeps coming back as the easiest and most effective way to prevent fraying.

Back