Cheer For Another Country??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Almost positive you can cheer....I know at my gym in Canada we had Americans commute a few times to compete on our worlds teams because we were the closet gym to them and they never had an issue...however ICU may be different

I'm pretty sure allstar is different than ICU. Allstar isn't defined by regions so it doesn't matter where you live, only what gym you cheer at, but with ICU I'm pretty sure you have to be a citizen of the country you are trying to represent.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost positive this is the case.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I have a question, for example, I'm Mexican but I cheer in a US program, and I'm on a worlds team, am I able to compete in worlds with them? Like in any division?

I have a question, for example, I'm Mexican but I cheer in a US program, and I'm on a worlds team, am I able to compete in worlds with them? Like in any division?

Yes. Whatever team you're on by club it doesn't matter your country of citizenship. Ie Ulrikke (sp?) At CEA. Now as for ICU I believe you must compete with country of citizenship, idk.

I do believe you must have proof of citizenship in the country you want to Cheer for or at least the last 5 years or more residency in the country to wish to cheer for. For ICU...not fact, but I think this is what the criteria is.

Strike Force Ireland
http://www.cherrdublin.com

out of curiosity what do other countries have as requirements for ICU, for team canada i know for coed you must have triple jumps to tuck, 2 to layout, round off full, and be a pretty well rounded athlete as well as showcase (via youtube video) a specific stunt sequence.

Yes. Whatever team you're on by club it doesn't matter your country of citizenship. Ie Ulrikke (sp?) At CEA. Now as for ICU I believe you must compete with country of citizenship, idk.

Thank you for your response I was really curious about that haha

out of curiosity what do other countries have as requirements for ICU, for team canada i know for coed you must have triple jumps to tuck, 2 to layout, round off full, and be a pretty well rounded athlete as well as showcase (via youtube video) a specific stunt sequence.

I'm not really sure about this but for team Mexico I believe you must have at least standing bhs or back tuck, I don't really know for running and stunt skills

As far as I'm aware the UK/England/Scotland teams are just a team who is already going to worlds- there is no separate "team UK"

As far as I'm aware the UK/England/Scotland teams are just a team who is already going to worlds- there is no separate "team UK"

I noticed that with England this year, cos they wore their all-star team uniforms. I think they should have at least gotten Team England uniforms, but I suppose that's tough with time and money limitations possibly in place.

we have no tryouts for team finland. the teams who win our nationals will represent us in the icu worlds.

Back