Cheer Haters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

M

Megan

Don't we all love em' Cheer Haters. The girls who cant and wish they could, the boys who think they're funny case the do, and all those other negitive Anti Cheer people in the world! I want to hear all your stories ,how you feel , and most of all how you deal with em' haters!

So at Freshmen orientation we got split up into groups to "get to know" our classmates. So in my group there were 3 girls and 14 boys. We started by telling our interests and I said I cheer and I am my team publisict for one of my teams at cheer factor(which is like a mini team captian). Through out the whole thing the boys were super obnoxious! Making farting nosies and playing with all the teachers stuff, basicly being wild baboons! Then one, the bigest cheer hater i have ever met, comes up to me and tries to do a snaping motion and completly disses cheerleading. I got so mad at him i got in his face and said that he needs to shut up, stop being obnoxious and acting like a 5 year old. He shut up, and i added on if you're gonna do that then you have to be feirce. When you grow up and be feirce get back to me. Looking back on it my todal cheerleader took over, and its halarious. He messed with the wrong cheerleader.

Any and all stories are WELCOME!!! please share!! love you all my feircelings<3

Don't we all love em' Cheer Haters. The girls who cant and wish they could, the boys who think they're funny case the do, and all those other negitive Anti Cheer people in the world! I want to hear all your stories ,how you feel , and most of all how you deal with em' haters!

So at Freshmen orientation we got split up into groups to "get to know" our classmates. So in my group there were 3 girls and 14 boys. We started by telling our interests and I said I cheer and I am my team publisict for one of my teams at cheer factor(which is like a mini team captian). Through out the whole thing the boys were super obnoxious! Making farting nosies and playing with all the teachers stuff, basicly being wild baboons! Then one, the bigest cheer hater i have ever met, comes up to me and tries to do a snaping motion and completly disses cheerleading. I got so mad at him i got in his face and said that he needs to shut up, stop being obnoxious and acting like a 5 year old. He shut up, and i added on if you're gonna do that then you have to be feirce. When you grow up and be feirce get back to me. Looking back on it my todal cheerleader took over, and its halarious. He messed with the wrong cheerleader.

when someone mocks cheerleading, i laugh. not with them, at them. then i show them a cheerleading video on youtube, and then all them haters faces go blank.

I woulda said U wanna be 5 fine I'll be 5 1/2 ready let's play haha

Im to the point where ill just give them a glare and walk away! Cheerleading deserves more credit than it gets! Its the hardest, most entertaining, and most dangerous sport!!

All those haters dont know what it takes! In 2 minutes and 30 seconds we tumble several times, do a rockin' pyrimed, do basket tosses, sick partner stunts, a dance, have facials, and still are feirce throughout the whole routine. We make crowds roar, we work our butts off at practices so we can win jackets, throphies, banners, and most of all be acomplished! I dont see many of my local teams win national competions agianist the best of the best! Cheerleading takes so much detitcation, honestly i would do absolutly anything for my squad! It may just seam like girls who want to look good in a cute uniform but its so much more! I wish those haters could understand! But lets see them try a front punch roundoff bhs whip bhs step out roundoff bhs bhs layout, not going to happen!

All those haters dont know what it takes! In 2 minutes and 30 seconds we tumble several times, do a rockin' pyrimed, do basket tosses, sick partner stunts, a dance, have facials, and still are feirce throughout the whole routine. We make crowds roar, we work our butts off at practices so we can win jackets, throphies, banners, and most of all be acomplished! I dont see many of my local teams win national competions agianist the best of the best! Cheerleading takes so much detitcation, honestly i would do absolutly anything for my squad! It may just seam like girls who want to look good in a cute uniform but its so much more! I wish those haters could understand! But lets see them try a front punch roundoff bhs whip bhs step out roundoff bhs bhs layout, not going to happen!
exactly! bet they can't even cartwheel without falling on their face. but then again thats the beauty of cheerleading, we defy gravity and "do the impossible". you would think we would be on tv more often... cheerleading is so much more entertaining than any football game or baseball game! but then again thats just my opinion:)

exactly! bet they can't even cartwheel without falling on their face. but then again thats the beauty of cheerleading, we defy gravity and "do the impossible". you would think we would be on tv more often... cheerleading is so much more entertaining than any football game or baseball game! but then again thats just my opinion:)

I completly agree! we really should be on tv, youtube isnt enough!

Check out the today show segment/thread in the all star section. The reporter did a very good job showing what a person off the street would look like trying to do a straight ride basket (after they showed numerous twisting flipping baskets). It changed her mind on if it should be considered a sport.

When I have cheer haters (specifically girls who roll their eyes and make nasty remarks) who say something mean or hateful I just throw a standing tuck, pick up my purse and keep walking ;)

personally i always get into fierce arguments about cheerleading haha i just cant stand cheer haters i say if you don't like it or don't think its a sport then don't do it its as simple as that, personally i think many of them are jealous and i say haters make us famous, we do what we love for the sport as a whole for us and our teams not for them

AND I am sure half of the "cheer haters" would be secretly addicted to Cheer TV!

I think every cheerleader should show the ought most dignity. Disrespecting yourself and others not only shows you don't care about the organization your represent, your team but yourself. I've always been of the opinion if you're on a team (cheer or otherwise) and want to or are willing to dishonor the uniform then you don't deserve to wear it. That being said there are ways to have a disagreement and discussion.

"Action should cultivate in wisdom."- Bhagavad Gita

I had an experience with this this week actually. My 8yo is a cheerleader my 5yo tried it but didn't love it. She did love the tumbling however so I took her to sign up for gymnastics. She was put in a beginners class with mostly 8-10yos and when one of the moms saw everything she could do (all 3 splits to the floor, cartwheel, roundoff, back walkover, and handspring (on the tumble track) they asked when she started doing gymnastics. Most of the kids in the class were working on cartwheels. So I told them she never took gymnastics and that she learnt everything from her older sister and from attending open gyms at my older daughters cheer gym. She went on and on telling me how she never liked cheerleading and all her cheerleader stereotypes. I just told her well I love cheerleading that is how my daughter learned all these skills and cheerleading is not what it used to be. I don't have time for people like this.

I think every cheerleader should show the ought most dignity. Disrespecting yourself and others not only shows you don't care about the organization your represent, your team but yourself. I've always been of the opinion if you're on a team (cheer or otherwise) and want to or are willing to dishonor the uniform then you don't deserve to wear it. That being said there are ways to have a disagreement and discussion.

"Action should cultivate in wisdom."- Bhagavad Gita

I see where you are coming from but, we're just trying to stand up for the sport that we love. Different situations call for different solutions.

Megan said:
I see where you are coming from but, we're just trying to stand up for the sport that we love. Different situations call for different solutions.

Agreed. I prefer an intelligent conversation about it but most people need a double full to the face bc they're just too ignorant to understand.

Back