Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

- those phyco coaches who freak out on the team fresh off the mat. okay, i get it didn't hit perfectly, but dont start yelling at them in front of the whole arena!
- when teams put there bows in the back of there head. Like, no. it goes on top .
- flyers who wear half up half down to practice, even though they have hair down to there butt. Put that up please?
-those girls who know how to base / back/ fly better then you do . im sorry, but if you've never backed a day in your life, dont yell at me for getting under the stunt when its not going up. my job is to make sure it hits.
-when bases give up if the stunt is a half count late. jeez. I will one man this if thats what it takes. but this stunt WILL go up .
- Flyers who wont set if your not there six counts before the stunt needs to go up . okay, just go, i promise i will be there in time to get you up .
sorry for the rant. hahaha .

When people tell my 4'11 friend who's MAYBE 115 lbs on a bad day, that she's too big to fly and so they cant base her. I've based her and she squeezes and is a really good flyer. And she isn't heavy. So... Get stronger

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

-Sloppy tumbling
-Sloppy motions
-Not finishing the skill
-Giving up in tumbling and stunting
-Flyers who lacks in flexibility
-Having a team that has the talent but doesn't use it
-Poor sportsmanship
-Coaches that chooses to have crop tops when not every girl has the body for it
-Teams who are cliquey and don't include everyone
-that random kid who is always tumbling in the background
-Cheerleaders who count in the middle of the routine
-Coaches/cheerleaders who are angry when the team gets off the floor
-NEGITIVE ATTITUDES

-When people who can't do scorps/needles do them in public..:eek: PLEASE stop you can't even do it right...
-When teams have 'broken wrists' in high V's
-You don't have tight motions
-You don't try.. like if you have to do a tuck in the routine or something and you don't even try it, you just say 'I can't do it' (Guilty though. :rolleyes:)
-Negative attitudes
-Bad sportsmanship

Thats all I can come up with at the moment..Im sure ill have more.

When coaches have favorites. ABSOLUTE worst thing there is. And they'll put their faves in, when there are truly better girls that should be in.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My coach has favorites and I am one of them because I'm willing to do whatever but I've been moved to the back before, been in the weakest group, and even had to learn an entire routine in three days. I don't think my coach shows it when she's picking spots I just feel like she would prefer certain girls' attitudes and efforts over others

My coach has favorites and I am one of them because I'm willing to do whatever but I've been moved to the back before, been in the weakest group, and even had to learn an entire routine in three days. I don't think my coach shows it when she's picking spots I just feel like she would prefer certain girls' attitudes and efforts over others
Well not in my situation! Great for you, but my old coach was so unfair that she would illegally put the worst cheerleader in the round who shouldn't even be cheering because she got caught with drugs...just because her mom is the fundraising mom and "cheer mom" and she's a senior. Over putting someone in whose clearly tighter and has better jumps AND attitude. And hasn't quit ever, unlike the girl put in.

Well not in my situation! Great for you, but my old coach was so unfair that she would illegally put the worst cheerleader in the round who shouldn't even be cheering because she got caught with drugs...just because her mom is the fundraising mom and "cheer mom" and she's a senior. Over putting someone in whose clearly tighter and has better jumps AND attitude. And hasn't quit ever, unlike the girl put in.

That actually is so terrible and unfair. I have had coaches whose daughters have been on teams with me and obviously they get special treatment. Really all you can do is just worry about yourself. And that also stinks because I'm assuming you love in Michigan and its not just one routine so your coach can pick and choose.

That actually is so terrible and unfair. I have had coaches whose daughters have been on teams with me and obviously they get special treatment. Really all you can do is just worry about yourself. And that also stinks because I'm assuming you love in Michigan and its not just one routine so your coach can pick and choose.
And that's not even the worst of it! I could go on and on about it. Including the time how my flyer cried before a competition because the other backspot hurt her consistently and they weren't hitting stunts and so she wanted me in. Yet, I was still not put in because of seniority.

And that's not even the worst of it! I could go on and on about it. Including the time how my flyer cried before a competition because the other backspot hurt her consistently and they weren't hitting stunts and so she wanted me in. Yet, I was still not put in because of seniority.

Seniority is honestly the biggest joke ever. Like yeah I get it it's their last year but if their jumps are literally stars and mine are hyperextended why and I not the point jumper? Once a captain wanted my point dancer spot which I had split with another girl (who looks exactly like me so my coach thought its be amusing to make us opposites) asked for my spot and my coach gave it to her because she didn't feel like having a rude and mean senior for the competition season...

Seniority is honestly the biggest joke ever. Like yeah I get it it's their last year but if their jumps are literally stars and mine are hyperextended why and I not the point jumper? Once a captain wanted my point dancer spot which I had split with another girl (who looks exactly like me so my coach thought its be amusing to make us opposites) asked for my spot and my coach gave it to her because she didn't feel like having a rude and mean senior for the competition season...
That's THE WORST but the funny thing is that backspot story is she wasn't even a senior! She was a year ahead of me (junior) but if she's older, she's better, right? Especially when the flyers crying because of her.

Back