Cheer Shoe Suggestions & Size

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

KDCheerMom

Cheer Parent
May 18, 2012
My daughter is new to cheerleading and will be on an allstar level 4 team. I am looking into nfinity shoes. My daughter is a size 5 shoe. Customer service rep said they run small; but a review said they run big. My daughter also has narrow feet. Any suggestions regarding type and size from other Moms? She is 13 years old. also, do most girls have practice and competition shoes? thanks.

My CP is 9 and wears a 13.5 in kids shoes but wears a size 2 nfinity. They definitely do not run big. I think it's best to try them on before you buy. We just had uniform fittings and there was a mom concerned about the shoes with her cp's narrow feet.

I usually have her practice in old shoes and as it nears comp season, have her break in the new ones.

Thanks for the advice. Not sure if it will be possible for her to try on as practice does not start until June. The more I searched here it seems like going bigger is the way to go.

My daughter is 8, wears a size 2 in kids shoes, and had to get Nfinity Evolutions in a 5. It was so frustrating when I ordered them, the woman on the phone told me they ran one size small, so I got a 3. Couldn't even get them on, moved on to a 4, finally got it right with a 5. It was alot of back and forth shipping.

I ordered and going to be trying out the new chassee shoes that are just as light as the nfinity but half the price. They are supposed to be released at the end of the month! once I get them and tumble around in them ill post how i like em :D

Well with sizes 2, 3, 4, & 5 it gets rather confusing.

They run small so you need to go bigger anyways....

But Nfinity and most other cheer shoe vendors start sizing from womens after size 2.

So if your kids wears a size 2 normal kids shoe.

That is technically a women's size 3.5
Because all women's shoes run 1.5 sizes up from their kids and men's counterpart. (stupid I know)

So like I said if you kid is normally a size 2 in kids that would be a 3.5 in women's sizing. (since all Nfinity shoes after a 2 is women's size so that's what we're using)

So technically your kid wears a 3.5 womens and now you take in to account nfinitys run small so you usually go up a whole size so that would be a 4.5.

So yes a 5 sounds about right for you.

I know No Limits are the same way. Last season my daughter was a kids size 2.

So someone ordered me a size 3. That would of been perfect if it was a kids size 3 but it wasn't it was a women's size 3 which is equivalent to a kids size 1.5 therefore my CP wore them one time and never wore them again. I still have them they are almost new if any one is interested lol

My CP is 12 y/o on j4 and wears a women's size 7.
She was a 7 in the nifinity vengeance but there is no wiggle room to grow. (Not a good shoe if your CP has foot issues like heel pain/plantars facsitis (sp?))

I just bought Nfinity Phoenix as a replacement for the Vengeance in size 7, its good with just enough room to grow thru competition season. The Phoenix has an adjustable strap thing over the arch area to accomodate different widths. Unfortunately I think they are discontinuing it so if you want it, buy it now. Just got mine at GTM. TeamCheer was out of size 7.

Nifinity Evolutions - CP is a 7.5. (tendency to run small by about 1/2 size). I remeber having a hard time getting the right fit in Evolutions when she was growing out of the youth size into adult size!

Tried to talk CP into something other than Nfinity...that didn't happen!

She wears one pair for practice and has another pair for competition (breaks in a few times at practice). After NCA she usually switchs to wearing the competition pair full time and we buy another pair for upcoming comp season in May/June. So she is cycling thru with a pair lasting about 1 year.

thanks for all of this. found a size 5 1/2 ifinity evolution used for 6 months on ebay (mine is an adult size 5). Figured this would be good for practice for a few months and see how we like them. Then she would have a practice pair and then get a new pair later in the summer. She will tryout for high school next spring and they will probably have their own shoes they will want them to get. Thanks everyone for the help. Great advice. Looking forward to the season.

Yeah, I would definitely go with the nfinity evolutions. No limits are bulky and stretch out too much. Nikes are just heavy. The evolutions have an elastic strap in them that's good for support. And getting a half size up is the way to go. Im normally a 9.5-10, but my evolutions are 10.5s.

My daughter is 8, wears a size 2 in kids shoes, and had to get Nfinity Evolutions in a 5. It was so frustrating when I ordered them, the woman on the phone told me they ran one size small, so I got a 3. Couldn't even get them on, moved on to a 4, finally got it right with a 5. It was alot of back and forth shipping.
Whoa that's actually a wild size difference! I wear a 5.5 in the Nfinity Phoenix but I could never imagine fitting into a kids size 2 shoe! Sometimes I wear kids 4 though (and I get to save a bunch of money!) I'm 19 btw ;)

My daughter is new to cheerleading and will be on an allstar level 4 team. I am looking into nfinity shoes. My daughter is a size 5 shoe. Customer service rep said they run small; but a review said they run big. My daughter also has narrow feet. Any suggestions regarding type and size from other Moms? She is 13 years old. also, do most girls have practice and competition shoes? thanks.
They defininitly run small and are narrow.........my daughter did not like them because she has wider feet, she loved Power shoes but her bases hated them! They finally made ones that are stretchy on the sides so they fit, for the $$ they do not last, but if she is a flyer then they are the shoes for her.

My niece wears a size 1 in shoes. The size 2 Nfinity evolution was way too small. The size 4 nfinity was way too big. I see that you all have been mentioning a size 3. Where are they sold? I cant find a size 3 option on any vender site. Is the 3 offered in a shoe other than the evolutions?

Nfinity definitely runs small; we usually go a size up. My cp loves the Vengeance; they've actually held up really well which has surprised me given the mesh, and they are extremely light.

Evolutions are sold in store at Academy. It is nice to be able to try on the shoes when figuring out sizes!

My daughter likes No Limits, the mesh ones. She's a child 13 but wears a size 3 in it. She likes it for it's flexibility and comfort over all the other cheer shoes we've tried for her.

Back