All-Star Cheerleading Lawsuit - Anyone Else See This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i saw this...i also saw one in CT, where the cheerleaders were doing a 'bucket toss'.....no lie, thats what the article said. a bucket toss.

1st of all, a broken elbow is not a "catastrophe"... being paralyzed is a catastrophe.
2nd, more injuries are going to happen when there's more participation.. it comes with the territory in all sports.
3rd, there's a difference between a Day camp and a Cheerleading camp.. the parents should've known that. If you're dropping your kid off at a cheerleading camp you should know what goes on and who's liable for what. If you drop your kid off at a Day camp and they break their elbow, that's the kid's fault.

FOOTBALL LEAGUE . . . could we clarify that this is a youth league and they were doing an extension! Not an extremely aggressive skill in reality it is a basic one.

I love these stores that are so heavily painted on one side. Listen to the wording. How about they show a videos of Y4 or Y5 so we can actually see what an 11 is capable of doing in a safe environment with proper professional training.

BTW . . . I love the chart of increase injuries that is relative to the increase of participation, but hey we will only talk about the increase of injury not the huge growth that the sport has seen at all levels. If someone would really want to pertray the truth of todays cheerleader they would take the time to break this down into classes of cheerleadeing; college, all star, youth, rec, high school, middle school, junior high, and kids just playing around in their backyard.

Why don't they come talk to me about my injury rate? In almost 15 years of stunting I have only had one major stunting injury. It was a dislocated elbow by a fly who as she was being caught that reached for the ground. If she would have caught the bases like she is trained to do injury would have never happened and my record would be spotless. I would wager you can find more all star coaches with next to perfect injury rates then match the statistics they love to pour out. How about they come interview us?

I am tired of being bunched together with rec/youth coaches! There are many good ones but there are also many parents who took the job because no one else would. How about we talk about how the rec/youth league have such stupid rules that do not allow the coaches to practice in safe environments by at the local park instead?! How about the lack of full training for their volunteer coaches? There rules lead to injury. Not always the coach. How about the organizations look and see how they might possibly be leading to the negative statistic?

Don't even get me started on the schools and their lack of funding and recognition in athletics . . .

If someone would really want to pertray the truth of todays cheerleader they would take the time to break this down into classes of cheerleadeing; college, all star, youth, rec, high school, middle school, junior high, and kids just playing around in their backyard.
How about the lack of full training for their volunteer coaches? There rules lead to injury. Not always the coach. How about the organizations look and see how they might possibly be leading to the negative statistic?
Don't even get me started on the schools and their lack of funding and recognition in athletics . . .
This is the very reason why my girls can only do AllStar cheerleading. I let them try H.S. cheerleading in their freshman year. The team sucked, the coach was awful. The coaches only experience was the fact that she had a friend who was a cheerleder and no other teacher in the school was willing to do it. They tried to stunt using my daughter as a flyer. I said absolutely not. I don't care if you're doing a thigh stand, until the coach gets certified and can articulate what a thigh stand is, etc., Heck no!

A Waiver does not release any organization when there is neglect and otherwise. The Waiver is good for when it is a true accident, if the child has mastered a skill and lands wrong one day, etc. Again, accidents. If the organization put a child in the air with bases who had close to no experience [without proper safety measures to catch the flyer], had close to zero practice or training or had been coached by someone who was not certified, etc. then I think the organization is at fault. The 11 year old and parents without much knowledge about cheerleading trust what they are being told. Also, there are medical conditions that can rear its ugly head after trauma has occurred to the body. A broken bone does not always stop with a cast and then the patient is healed.

This girl was lucky all she injured was her elbow... so many cheerleading injuries are torn ACL's and broken ankles that it's almost lucky to have an injury that still allows you to walk!

This girl was lucky all she injured was her elbow... so many cheerleading injuries are torn ACL's and broken ankles that it's almost lucky to have an injury that still allows you to walk!

This is usually tumbling related not stunting. Another way I wish they would break down this statistic. Most of the injuries are from tumbling not stunting.

This is usually tumbling related not stunting. Another way I wish they would break down this statistic. Most of the injuries are from tumbling not stunting.

A Waiver does not release any organization when there is neglect and otherwise. The Waiver is good for when it is a true accident, if the child has mastered a skill and lands wrong one day, etc. Again, accidents. If the organization put a child in the air with bases who had close to no experience [without proper safety measures to catch the flyer], had close to zero practice or training or had been coached by someone who was not certified, etc. then I think the organization is at fault. The 11 year old and parents without much knowledge about cheerleading trust what they are being told. Also, there are medical conditions that can rear its ugly head after trauma has occurred to the body. A broken bone does not always stop with a cast and then the patient is healed.

well said

Latest posts

Back