All-Star Cheerleading Props - not Taboo

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 21, 2022
So we have an opportunity to have horses at a cheer event. Some say it's not right to have props. Are horses Props? Not sure

So we have an opportunity to have horses at a cheer event. Some say it's not right to have props. Are horses Props? Not sure
IMNSHO, they’re props and not appropriate for competition. I also think all of the noise and commotion of competition might scare them—I wouldn’t want to be there to see a traumatic event unfold.

I grew up where the suburbs met farm land. Every football game (we were the Colts), we had a couple of kids with horses galloping the color guard flags behind the cheerleaders on the track. I don't consider them "props" as much as live mascots. They were great to help hype the crowd, however, the school eventually banned livestock. Lol, I'm pretty sure the final straw was when the Longhorns brought a bull to school.

Horses are NOT props, they are animal performers. Absolutely no animal performers, unless you're taking part in a parade, in which I would expect that no one stunts or tumbles and that you mostly chant and dance.

Back