All-Star Cheersport Minis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 8, 2010
I know this is almost old news with nca in 2 days, but I wanted to share how bothered I was with the way the mini division was done at cheersport. These are little kids and the amt of politics that occurred in this division was unreal. #1 they got rid of the small gym division, rationale was to provide adequate number of teams in each category, but seeing as though there were over 30 mini 1 teams I am sure this could have been accomplished. #2 there was no large mini division (b4 u dispute that keep reading) so 16 small gym kids were placed in the same division with 30+ big gym kids. Several ppl had issue with this obv. But it was basically expressed that they wanted to even the number of teams per division and would not be changing. The split was div 3: 6-13; div 2: 14-15; div 1:16-32. Everyone competed day 1 and the scores were released-
Ellenwood small-1st
Python small-2nd
Stingray lg-3rd

Then miraculously mid day some one had a change of heart, and decided maybe they should have a lg mini division and a new ranking sheet appeared:
Ellenwood small-1st
Stingray lg-1st

First of all I don't think u should ever alter divisions after rankings have been announced unless there is an actual mistake as this obv was not as it had been ques previously and was printed everywhere (16-32 athletes). Secondly this was unfair to the other mini divisions that still competed with 10 teams to keep the even split, even though there were now divisions with 3 teams and 6 teams. Lastly if the "even split" theory was axed and they were randomly creating divisions, then why didn't they create a small gym division. Make ur own assumptions I'm just presenting facts.

I don't know anything about what happened, but I agree that once divisions are split, that should be it. Definitely NOT changed after scores released. Even if best case it was an honest error, by changing after scores are released that just makes it look awfully fishy.

I'm glad they split it but why does things at cheersport seem to always involve a stingray team.

Nothing against them since I do like them but to me that is just crazy.

Kris10boo said:
I'm glad they split it but why does things at cheersport seem to always involve a stingray team.

Nothing against them since I do like them but to me that is just crazy.

Perhaps because they have basically a team in each age/level on the Age Grid. Just the luck of the draw, I guess. :)

Back