All-Star Cheersport Nationals 2016 - Uk Team Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 5, 2010
Hi,

I'm am taking a team from the United Kingdom to cheersport nationals. We have never been before. The only American comps we have been to are world's and nca allstar comp in daytona.

Can anyone help with how things work, what to expect and anything else I have to do as a coach? I asked for help from cheersport as it's our first time with forms etc. However so far I missed 1 deadline for 1 form that I didn't know I had to fill in ( the team accommodation list stating where they were stayin).

So far I have filled in:

1. Online form with number of members of team.
2. Paid invoice
3. Booked accommodation through housing company
4. Filled in the team names on the housing form stating where they are staying
5. Printing off non usasf member liability forms which we are bring with us.
6. Book practice time on the Friday.

When do I complete a team roster?
Are there any tips I need to know?
When and where do I register the team when get there?
How early before practice time on the Friday do we need to arrive?
When will we know block schedule?

Any fierceboarders out there who would like to trade pins with my kids?

If anyone see's us there please come and say hi. We will stand out, as as far as I know we will be the only team with an English accent, and with a 7 foot male cheerleader as an assistant coach. We are Rising Stars Storm (senior level 3) I think we are large as we are competing with 23 athletes.

Thanks in advance

You can complete and send in a team roster as soon as you know your team roster. Send one in and keep one in your folder of all your paperwork. (I keep a copy of everything I send to them in a folder).
There are signs EVERYWHERE to tell you where to go. The GWCC is huge but the signs will keep you from getting lost. It's just a whole lot of walking.
They'll put schedules out a couple of weeks before.
I would have kids meet up about an hour before practice time.
As for tips that could be a whole thread by itself. Most of the large gyms rent out the ballrooms so their families don't have to walk so much. The rest of us don't have that luxury so we camp out outside the warm up hall and mostly stay there until it's time to compete. There are plenty of food vendors and bathrooms there. And warm ups are long so that is a plus for all the teams. There's no stressful rush through warm ups.

Get your souvenir blankets on Friday night and do it all at once if you can. Just have a few people wait in line and turn in all the tickets for it at once then pass them out. Those things are the BEST and you'll use them all weekend and beyond.

After we compete we hang out in the halls watching other teams and checking our accuscore. Be sure to check out the coaches hospitality room. You get an awesome view of warm ups in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and awards are FOREVER far away so start heading to your awards time at least 45 minutes to an hour beforehand if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for you help.

Its this team Roster thing that is confusing me. Everyone is saying fill in a team roster but where is the form to fill in a team roster.

We dont have membership with USASF so we cant do it that way.

In the UK, we have like a registration pack that is available to all online, and it just has a form to fill in as team roster on there.

I have emailed Cheersport and they have replied back with I have filled everything I need to. So I am good to go. So I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

I guess with us not being from America it makes things a little bit different.

The team rosters are automatically generated on the USASF gym member site. All gyms in the US have to be USASF members (and their athletes have to be registered members as well) in order to compete at USASF sanctioned events. The website tracks athletes and their birth dates and photos, and before every competition, US gyms have to go into the site, choose the competition from the listing of events, and then set the rosters for all of their teams at the event. This ensures that you don't have over- or under-age athletes competing in divisions, and that you're not breaking any of the crossover rules (athletes cannot compete on more than three teams at the same competition, and all star athletes cannot cross to prep teams (and vice versa) at the same competition.

I've always wondered what is done with international teams that attend non-Worlds USASF sanctioned events. Thanks for enlightening us!

Bottom line - if Cheersport says you're good, I would believe them. As all of your athletes will have passports, any age range challenges you might encounter (which are exceedingly rare anyway) could be addressed by those passports. Hope this helps!

T
The team rosters are automatically generated on the USASF gym member site. All gyms in the US have to be USASF members (and their athletes have to be registered members as well) in order to compete at USASF sanctioned events. The website tracks athletes and their birth dates and photos, and before every competition, US gyms have to go into the site, choose the competition from the listing of events, and then set the rosters for all of their teams at the event. This ensures that you don't have over- or under-age athletes competing in divisions, and that you're not breaking any of the crossover rules (athletes cannot compete on more than three teams at the same competition, and all star athletes cannot cross to prep teams (and vice versa) at the same competition.

I've always wondered what is done with international teams that attend non-Worlds USASF sanctioned events. Thanks for enlightening us!

Bottom line - if Cheersport says you're good, I would believe them. As all of your athletes will have passports, any age range challenges you might encounter (which are exceedingly rare anyway) could be addressed by those passports. Hope this helps!

Thank you. This makes me feel a lot better.

Back