High School Coaches Believing In Their Team.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2011
So, today at practice for my High School team, my coach said she was only going to take us to one competition instead of the 4 or 5 we usually go to, and if we win and get a bid to nationals, she doesn't care because she doesn't want to be embarassed by our team again. We're all level 5 cheerleaders, and the coach we have for our team tumbling class has coached most of us since we started cheering, and ALL of us for AT LEAST 3 years. He knows what we are capable of as individuals, and as a team put together, and whenever he changes something in the routine, it always looks so good and works out perfectly, and she always changes it back/ to something worse. Shes also comparing us to the 5 years shes been coaching and all the teams sucked and embarassed her. I'm thinking all the teams had different people, so maybe it isn't the teams fault... ya know? maybe its the coach. She also told us we sucked and she didn't believe in us at all. So, anyways, i'm wanting your opinions on this.
Begin :)

That is horrible for a coach to say. I agree with what the person above said. It's hard to believe in yourself when your coach doesn't believe in you. I think your team should think of a way to prove her wrong and show her that you are all extremely talented and capable of doing challenging things.

That is just awful! :( I would definitely get a group of girls on your team to talk the coach. Tell her that you all want to compete and prove her wrong. And going to one competition is okay...But if you have the opportunity to attend more than one, I don't get why your coach thinks it would be so embarrassing. It's not always about winning. If you girls go out and compete at your very best that is all that matters. Maybe she will realize that after each competition you get better and better?!

My coach doesn't really believe in us either, tells us were pathetic etc. I honestly only stay on the team because this is my senior year, my teammates are my family and I love the sport, but shes ruined it for me along with a lot of other girls on the team. I totally understand how your team feels, my team has way more talent then were given credit for also. I've tried the "prove them wrong" thing also, and I haven't gotten anywhere with it. You should talk to the coach and if that doesn't change things, go to the school administration.

Back