Coaches Clinics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am going to one run by Epic in May. It is my first time attending one with that company , so I 'll let you know after how it was

I didn't even know they had one. Yes, please let me know how it was

I will let you know. Epic recently partnered up with AYC (American Youth Cheer) which is the organization that the rec team my CP cheers with belongs to. The clinic is for the coaches in our region. I am not sure if they do public ones too.

There was one in the Baltimore area last year. My gym owner presented and said that he got a lot of positive feedback. I'll let you know if it's happening again.

I attended the EPIC clinic yesterday, along with 2 other coaches and 10 girls from our squad. They had it set up so that the coaches met for an hour alone and then we went in a did a stunt clinic with the kids. I was extremely impressed. To my surprise, most of the demonstrators were from either the Maryland Twisters, World Cup or the Rutgers cheer teams. Almost all of them just got back from Worlds. One of CP's allstar instructors was there too :) It made for a great day.

During the stunt clinic, they would demonstrate about 4 stunts, and then showed us how to modify it for our level. Then as we tried to do one of the stunts with our group, the demonstrators would walk around and help us personalize it for our needs. They were so helpful and seemed to love it when I would ask, "well, that is the basic stunt, how would you make it even more interesting."

We have a 3 day sleepover camp with EPIC this summer with teams from the entire region and I hope that we will get to hire them for choreo (but I don't have the final say in that).

I definitely was impressed :) I am just a second year coach with a lot to learn, and I got a lot out of it; but so did the veteran coach of our program who had National titles. They allowed the head of our league to interject during the coaches' clinic and definitely molded that program towards AYC, but you could definitely tell that they were an allstar style company-lol!

Back