All-Star Confessions Of A Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2011
Since there's a confessions of a Cheer Mom thread... I thought I would start one for cheerleaders;)

-I can't take teams with zebra print anything in their uniforms seriously. They could go and win worlds, but if you have zebra... I just can't.
-As much as I hate to admit it, I've cheated on conditioning once... or twice...:oops:
-I've sat in the VIP section at competitions longer than I probably should have
-Even though I complain about it all the time, I love having a crazy cheer mom

You beat me to it! :( but as long as its started I can't complain :)

1. I don't care how many people yell at me, when I'm backstage warming up, I WILL watch all my competitors and feel good when they drop

2. I may or may not have a poker face when watching my competitors compete as I scope out every possible skill in their routine, then clap at the end like they were the most amazing thing on the planet when they fall

3. I judge people and give them the weirdest look if they tell me they shower after Day 1 of a competition. There ain't no time for that

4. The main thing I hate about being on a senior team is the awards ceremony. I've been there for 8 hours and have been breathing in all sorts of hairspray, glitter, and anything else in between. I'm tired, want to go home, and really don't care about dancing moms or catching necklaces I throw in the trash. I can simply go home to see my mom dance. Plus 7pm is my bedtime, so your lucky I'm even functioning at 8.

5. I judge others on how they present themselves (inadvertently). If you're walkin around the comp wearing a bra and underwear and saying your REALLLY cold, go home.

6. I've been our for almost 6 months due to an ACL surgery and miss this sport more than anything. The only thing I want is to be on that floor, get yelled at by coaches, be stupid with my teammates, hear the crowd scream after we hit the routine. I took it for granted before but now that I know what it's like to not have it, I'm working 10x harder than before.

Since there's a confessions of a Cheer Mom thread... I thought I would start one for cheerleaders;)

-I can't take teams with zebra print anything in their uniforms seriously. They could go and win worlds, but if you have zebra... I just can't.
-As much as I hate to admit it, I've cheated on conditioning once... or twice...:oops:
-I've sat in the VIP section at competitions longer than I probably should have
-Even though I complain about it all the time, I love having a crazy cheer mom

I'll confess I don't keep track of how many crunches or push ups I do, I just stop when someone stands up.

I may or may not have picked up every spare "champion card" that I saw laying on the ground from athletic championship and GLCC to get more cool stuff from the winners table... but I mean finders keepers right?

I try to look intimidating when in warmups, but secretly I'm peeing my pants seeing my competitors knowing that my routine NEEDS to hit to win.

I am very afraid of Jammy and the rest of his blowup posse. The fact that he kinda eats people &sprays "silly string" terrifies me to no end.

Sometimes I try to lose my voice at competitions to avoid speeches and presentations at school.

I barely eat the day of competition in fear of getting ill because when I get sick I'm super sick. I usually eat a fruit cup and coffee from starbucks for breakfast and don't eat until after I compete which is usually 9-10ish.

I'm VERY superstitious the day of competition. I try to "good luck" every team that passes my way and cheer on teams within the gym and even others that are just performing when I'm in the arena. I try my best to clap for every team during awards and stand up for winners in every division. I also try to keep myself in a positive mindset the entire day.

The slightest change from our normal warmup makes me go haywire.

Funny team pictures are my worst enemy... I either don't know what to do and look stupid or just flat out look stupid trying to be funny... either way I'm in no way photogenic.

Lets see....
Comps stress me out and I've been known to snap at my mother for no reason... And my teammates.

I never stretch as much as usual on comp days, but my toe touches are always better...

I quit all star to do school b/c I'm to busy to do both and I miss it more than anything :(

I have this weird thing where I have to eat whole grain goldfish on competition day. I can't eat regular goldfish... I have to eat the whole grain kind. It started when my mom bought them on accident before my first competition and I ate them the whole way there and all day at comp... And now i have to have them every time ^_^

I remember everything from choreography camp, even months later, every original count, and it drives me insane when other people don't remember. Especially if they won't listen to me even though its been established that my brain holds every cheer count I've ever learned. It also really bothers me when things become way different from the choreographer's original choreography. I feel like... Why hire a choreographer if you're gonna rechoreograph yourself...

1) No matter how many times I tell you i'm not nervous, I actually am completely terrified. Every time.
2) Warm ups stress me out. I'd prefer life without them.
3) Watching the teams we're against doesn't syke me out. It pumps me up and I almost need to know what i'm up against.
4) I've cheated on conditioning too... :oops: (Expect burpies. Always do the burpies in order to avoid another set of them. Burpies are the enemy)
5) I'd rather have the crazy embarrassing cheer mom that wears bows than the mom like mine now who dreads going to competitions.

1) I have to sing my favorite song three times to myself backstage before I compete to calm myself down. I literally nearly hyperventilate backstage, even at small competitions. My nerves are the worst.
2) I had these lucky socks with my old gym's logo which is no longer open. Back in the days of hi-top Reeboks I could wear them to every single competition and they wouldn't be seen, but now after seven years of competitions, there were huge holes in the toes and I couldn't wear them with Nfinities because they weren't white, so I cut out the logos and put them under the soles of my shoes.
3) My warmups don't have pockets so I sometimes have to resort to the skirt waistband instead of a pocket for my phone. Sorry.
4) I feel way prettier in my uniform than any dress will ever make me feel!

Wait, you mean there's people that actually do all their conditioning and don't cheat?!

My confessions:
-I'm going to be waaay more sad leaving my team and gym this year compared to leaving my school friends after graduation
-my friend and I have a set ritual that we have to do before every comp, we've been doing it for the past three years
-I mentally judge our competition in warm ups and compare where we'll place
-at one point in my life my team has been that annoying team that cheers when the other team gets called for second and we win, but I can say that was a long time ago and we know better now
-I love that everyone refers to me as the best and strongest backspot in the gym and that my coaches have the confidence in me to make any stunt hit

I always did my conditioning, but I'm a weirdo who likes physical fitness. Go figure.

I hate Jammy and all his Unholy Demonic Inflatable Puppet-like Terror. He should be popped, torn into pieces, burned, and each separate body piece's ashes must be strategically placed next to areas of set significance so as not to resurrect him. You think I'm joking..

I confess that I'm not a cheerleader, I'm a dancer. I'm just obsessed with the sport of Cheer.

Sometimes I wish I started cheer instead of dance.

Every time my college cheer team practices, it seems like they are having a blast. We spend 3 hours getting chewed out by my very bald, and angry dance coach.

Back