All-Star Costs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That is an "all inclusive" monthly fee. The only "extras" I have are practice clothes ($169), USASF fee ($35), uniform, and gifts. I much prefer this over having multiple extra costs, many of which are due in the summer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Do you prefer doing it this way? I like this way of doing it! Ours is like that and it's $200 a month, and like $150-$175 for minis. We only pay for apparel outside of that, and of course travel expenses. My dad was a little freaked out at first but once I explained to him that he didn't have to pay random extra bits of money he was fine.

Our fees this year :)
Stars Vipers

Just got an email today and some dates were changed so here they are

May28/29
$300 uniforms
$132 warm ups it is mandatory
$25 bow
$14 sports bra

June 15
$300 choreo camp

June 20
$150 practice wear

Competition fees (4) installments due:
$431 August 1
$431 September 1
$431 October 1
$431 November 1

The comp fees cover 9 competitions with 4 of them being large jacket winning national comps. Also it does include this year 4 nights on Disney Property for UCA. So part of the increased comp fees is paying for your actual stay for UCA.

Also we will have $70 shoes, $40 make-up/stickers that I do not know when it's due. We will also have to purchase national shirts and we have to pay a booster fee but I forgot the amounts.

We have 5 comps that are travel comps so those of course require hotel stay such as NCA, UCA, ACA and a few others. So of course we have those costs too.

All of that on top of our monthly tuition which is now at $155 a month PLUS an extra $50 a month for stretch class if your kid is chosen as a flyer.

I save $300 this year by not buying a uniform- I need everything else though!

The only thing I will say negative is that everything but monthly tuition has to be paid cash or check. You cannot pay using a credit card! I don't have a CC but if I did I sure would be bummed I can't use it!

I'm so going to put a link to this thread on the information letter for the parents. They always complain about cheerleading being so expensive, and we're really cheap compared to this:)

I'm so going to put a link to this thread on the information letter for the parents. They always complain about cheerleading being so expensive, and we're really cheap compared to this:)

Yes. Totally agree. The monthly tution here in germany is more than cheap compared to this (15-30 Dollars a month ). So when parents complain about: Does Suzie really need a cheer short for 15 $ - can't i buy a similar, cheap (??) one....
We had a 2 day comp - with travel and all was 150.- € and parents complaining.
Drives.me.nuts.
Thanks to all for sharing this information.

My gym costs for this season:
10.-€ monthly tution
90.-€ for uniform (get back if you quit)
~ 40.-€ for shoes (not needed if you already have cheer shoes)
15.-€ Bow
15.-€ Shirt
15.-€ Sports Bra
30.-€ One-day Nationals
150.-€ Two-Day Comp
Next comp will be around 40.-€ because it's non-travel 1-Day literally in our back yard :-D
That's all.
Next year planning to do more competitions, but if the girls/parents can't afford (and are not willing to fundraise), we will do just 2-3.

My gym has the all inclusive fees as well.

Mini teams and Level 1: $270
Level 2-3: $345
Level 4-5 teams: $395
Includes:
-Monthly Tuition
-Choreography
-Music
-Gifts
-Family Events/Awards
-Competition Entry Fee (Local, Regional, National)
-Team Photos
-Makeup
-Team Summer Camp
-Training Fees
-Registration and Administration Fees

Not included:
-Lodging and Transportation at Nationals
-$10-$15 for team parties
-Uniforms/Warm-ups

I think i'd like to have my cost inclusive too. That way parents don't have to scramble to find 560 for comp fees two months before Christmas :) lol

Or my most hated month...August...at old gym that is when our monthly tuition+choreography+comp fees were due! Usually ended up writing a check for almost $800!
And as long as the youth uniform doesn't change I got one used on standby to buy from another gym member! Also bypassed the optional sports bras to save for a warm up...way more needed during those winter comps!

For the gym my daughter goes too, levels 1-4 pay $115 a month, and level 5 pays $125 monthly tuition.

Than there things that are not included in the cost...

Camp $200
Shoes $65
Uniform $360 approx.
Choreography fee $100
Comp fees (just to do the comps) $560

Plus travel & hotel fees.

That's cheap! I'm jealous.

To calculate a more reasonable cost, don't forget that price is just tuition. Add in practice wear, uniforms, shoes, travel expenses ( not just hotels, flights, etc but gas to practice, food when traveling), spirit wear, gift funds, comp entry fees, items purchased at comps, fundraising (if you dont agree with fundraising and end up writing the check to cover your minimum), private lessons, classes, etc to get the true cost of all star. Good luck with your project!

You just depressed me. I try NOT to remember all of that! LOL!

As my first year I think I'd love the all inclusive-am I assuming that means that CA takes EVERYTHING that is mandatory for the entire season and breaks it out into a monthly cost? That would seem so much better in my opinion. We have monthly tuition (which is cheaper of course as a tiny) but then music fee, uniforms, warm up, comp fees etc. and while its nice its spread out over the season (mostly-I just paid uniform/mandatory practice/music fee all in a 4 week time frame) it would be so much easier to just make one check a month total.

That is an "all inclusive" monthly fee. The only "extras" I have are practice clothes ($169), USASF fee ($35), uniform, and gifts. I much prefer this over having multiple extra costs, many of which are due in the summer.

I had a mini heart attack until I saw your post and now i have managed to get my breathing under control

Back