All-Star Cover Up Rule, For Those That Have Competed This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

KikiD22

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
I'm team mom for my CP's team again this season, and I'm curious, for those that have competed already, if you've noticed anything different in regards to the new cover up rule this season? Has anyone seen actual enforcement of this rule yet? If so, what have you seen? I am just trying to figure out the logistics of getting warm-up jackets and pants to and from our athletes. Also, we've reminded the parents on our team of this rule repeatedly already, but I'm sure I'll have to gently remind some of them again on competition day. Just curious to know if anyone has seen/experienced anything in regards to this new rule yet this season.

We were told by our program director that our program would not be testing the EP’s on this rule. The gym provided us with t-shirts to go over the uni’s until our warm up jackets arrive. At Cheersport this weekend we did see MOST gyms complying with the rule. To me it felt weird. I just wanted to see all the beautiful new uniforms up close but all we saw was a bunch of t-shirts and warm up jackets.

We are competing at a pretty big one the first weekend in November. I can tell you what I see after that. We went with full tops for everyone this year, but we're still providing t-shirts for those who just want to wear the shorts and not the leo as well.

We were told by our program director that our program would not be testing the EP’s on this rule. The gym provided us with t-shirts to go over the uni’s until our warm up jackets arrive. At Cheersport this weekend we did see MOST gyms complying with the rule. To me it felt weird. I just wanted to see all the beautiful new uniforms up close but all we saw was a bunch of t-shirts and warm up jackets.
Thanks! Yes, definitely not going to test the rule either, LOL! I was just curious to see how the enforcement, if any, is being done at events. Our plan right now is to collect warm up jackets and pants last thing before coaches take the athletes back to warm-ups. I'm just trying to figure out a way to make sure that parents get their kids covered back up after they are dismissed from their performance.

We are competing at a pretty big one the first weekend in November. I can tell you what I see after that. We went with full tops for everyone this year, but we're still providing t-shirts for those who just want to wear the shorts and not the leo as well.
We compete at Jamfest this upcoming weekend, so last minute team mom logistics for me. :) We do have half tops again this year, but everyone is getting matching warm-ups this year as part of our uniform package, a first for UA.

We compete at Jamfest this upcoming weekend, so last minute team mom logistics for me. :) We do have half tops again this year, but everyone is getting matching warm-ups this year as part of our uniform package, a first for UA.
Good luck to you guys!!! We've tried the full gym warm ups and most bought the, but we never made it mandatory. I think it's a great competition look.

Good luck to you guys!!! We've tried the full gym warm ups and most bought the, but we never made it mandatory. I think it's a great competition look.
It's included in our tuition for this season, so there is no question about people having them or not having them.

i honestly wasn't looking, but now that you mention it, yesterday at Cheer Power, I don't remember seeing a bare midriff just wandering around. I don't know to what extent it was enforced because we're a full top gym.

hmmm after this weekend...not much compliance but well see how well its enforced as the season goes on.

What would happen if a team don't wear a shirt ( just their unis ) ? Judges probably won't give them points off because of that.

I thought the "dress code" rules were just "requests or suggestions" ???

Weren't they positioned as 'Guidelines?' I don't remember for sure. I would like to see an EP representative make a statement about enforcement just so everyone is clear.

Weren't they positioned as 'Guidelines?' I don't remember for sure. I would like to see an EP representative make a statement about enforcement just so everyone is clear.

I'm just not sure there is anything to "enforce". If it is a "guideline" then to me that means "suggestion". IDK, maybe I'm reading/understanding it wrong...

Back