Cradle To Prone

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 17, 2012
For level 3 can you cradle to prone from a lib or does the back have to maintain contact? What about in level 2 (1 leg at prep level)? I'm usually OK with interpreting the rules but I'm hopeless when it comes to landing in prone, if anyone can shed some light I would greatly appreciate it!

For level 3 can you cradle to prone from a lib or does the back have to maintain contact? What about in level 2 (1 leg at prep level)? I'm usually OK with interpreting the rules but I'm hopeless when it comes to landing in prone, if anyone can shed some light I would greatly appreciate it!

Both levels must hold on. Going to prone isn't considered a dismount per the rules so they must follow stunt rules. L2 cannot do release moves, so someone must hold on. L3 cannot release from extended, so someone must hold on.

great, thank you! Would that work for single based stunts (just a base and a back) if the base caught with both arms, the back with one arm and maintained contact with the leg or ankle? hope that makes sense.

I asked this to someone on here a few days ago and they gave me a diff answer. They said prone is still a cradle. Whether front or back and they simple could not become inverted during the cradle (chest couldnt catch lower than feet) for it to be legal. But that it was a cradle, therefor it could be done at level 2 and 3 without maintaining contact with the Backspot. Now I'm confused.

Ashley

I asked this to someone on here a few days ago and they gave me a diff answer. They said prone is still a cradle. Whether front or back and they simple could not become inverted during the cradle (chest couldnt catch lower than feet) for it to be legal. But that it was a cradle, therefor it could be done at level 2 and 3 without maintaining contact with the Backspot. Now I'm confused.

Ashley

This is definitely incorrect. A cradle MUST land face up.

@Andre know his stuff...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

great, thank you! Would that work for single based stunts (just a base and a back) if the base caught with both arms, the back with one arm and maintained contact with the leg or ankle? hope that makes sense.

Single or Double based doesn't matter, it can legally be done either way. Nor does the arm position of the bases when catching, outside of someone maintaining contact with the top person at all times.

Also, it can't go inverted while trying to land on the stomach. That will get you called on downward inversion rules.

Ashley

Ashley, I hate saying this because it comes across as arrogant when I read it and that's not the intent. I'm the Assistant Director of Rules, Safety & Judging for the USASF, which makes me the 2nd highest ranking rules person in the world of all star cheerleading. (Les Stella is the highest and goes by RulesGuy on the board).

Even though there are some very knowledgeable rules people on the board (and other places), I'd go with what Les, I, or 4everSPIRITed say on this board over anyone else because we are 3 of the 8 people that can give official replies on behalf of the USASF.

Ashley, I hate saying this because it comes across as arrogant when I read it and that's not the intent. I'm the Assistant Director of Rules, Safety & Judging for the USASF, which makes me the 2nd highest ranking rules person in the world of all star cheerleading. (Les Stella is the highest and goes by RulesGuy on the board).

Even though there are some very knowledgeable rules people on the board (and other places), I'd go with what Les, I, or 4everSPIRITed say on this board over anyone else because we are 3 of the 8 people that can give official replies on behalf of the USASF.

Doesn't sound arrogant! I asked because I honestly didn't know :) I got a different answer and then was shocked reading yours. I've emailed you before. Les as well :) I will stick to you from now on. So for level to, to land in prone, back must remain in contact. Can it be done at extension? And as long as chest is higher than feet on catch, were ok?

Ashley

Andre, I was wondering can you cradle to the stomach? Not a basket toss but for a one or two legged stunt?

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

So for level to, to land in prone, back must remain in contact. Can it be done at extension? And as long as chest is higher than feet on catch, were ok?

Ashley

Yes it can be legally performed from extension if the back (or any base) remains in contact and it doesn't go inverted. In L2 someone would need to hold onto both feet otherwise you may be called for passing through an extended single leg stunt. Inverted is hips and 1 foot above the head.

I have never found it arrogant. It's just knowledge. I have seen stunt groups cradle to the stomach. This may be illegal, I am asking. Where can you find it on the Usasf rules portion. I see the part as related to twisting, head and shoulder areas, numbers of people etc. I just missed the part where it says only on back. For example a team on a level 3 from a two legged stunt at prep level, cradled to a stomach, not inverted, mad a stop then forward rolled out of it. I am the first to admit I constantly learn but I am curious now. Please help.

Andre, I was wondering can you cradle to the stomach? Not a basket toss but for a one or two legged stunt?

It would need to follow the release move rules for the level you're in. So definitely not in L1-2. Depends on how it done in L3-5.

Back