Crossed Leg Full Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 5, 2014
I have two questions about doing the crossed leg full up. I'm a fairly new coach and went to a level 3 coaching workshop and asked about the grip but got a very wooley answer, should have questioned further really, and no demonstration grrr. Could someone explain the grip for me? Maybe with a picture? Also is the crossed leg full up considered easier or harder than the regular/original full up? Is it scored more highly or the same? Thanks!

Not really sure how to explain it for you to understand. I surprisingly have never based these but I learned how to do it at Work Week. I have only done them a few times as a flyer but I like the traditional way better, but that could be because thats how I learned to base/fly full ups years ago.

I'll try and if my explanation is still confusing I'll snap a pic tomorrow. Flyer loads in with left leg crossed over right. Main base has hold of both the toes. The right hand has a reverse grip (fingers point back towards base) on the right foot (furthest away foot) and regular grip on left foot (closest foot). The side base has right hand on the left heel (furthest away foot) and left hand on the front if the left shin. Back is under the seat.

Hope that helps.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Definitely helps. Does the side base have the normal grip (as in finger tips away from body) on the foot?

Ah, nope they face towards the base. This is not a clear pic, let me know if you want a clearer one.
ImageUploadedByFierce Board1410472185.051796.jpg

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We do it with the main base grabbing exactly the same except the right hand is under the arch, not just the toe. Simply to give more of something to hold on to.

The way we were taught at camp is to point the fingers on your front hand at your bellybutton, and have both the toes in the hands of the main base, and both heels in the hands of the secondary base. The flyer basically unwinds.

Hey do anyone have a video where we can see how it's done ?
I'm trying to teach it to my cheer team and with pictures or videos it would be a big help !

Thanks a lot !

Personally I think the ruby slipper full up grip is the best.
Totally agree with this! My squad ( who does all three) says ruby slipper is also easiest for transitions and puts slightly less stress on bases because of position movement.

Back