All-Star Crossing Over At Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 7, 2010
so i was told you can't cross over at worlds

but let say Gym X has 2 level 5 teams 1 senior and 1 open.

and Sally got injured on the level 5 senior team so Susie from the open 5 team came down to compete for them AND open 5 for about 2-4 competitions..

if senior 5 AND open 5 got a bid with Susie crossing over

could Susie still compete with the open 5 team at worlds?

and could Sally still compete with Senior 5 at worlds?

im not sure if this makes sense but if you get what i mean then could anyone clear this up for me?

Yes, Senior Open 5 does not go to Worlds. And no, no crossovers are allowed. Period.

but could senior 5 still compete in worlds with sally if the got the bid with susie?

I think if sally was a registered gym member then she would be able to compete senior 5 at worlds

If Sally was a registered gym member at the time the bid was received then should could be one of the 10 roster changes to the team. So there shouldn't be a problem.

bxxtanyer said:
so i was told you can't cross over at worlds

but let say Gym X has 2 level 5 teams 1 senior and 1 open.

and Sally got injured on the level 5 senior team so Susie from the open 5 team came down to compete for them AND open 5 for about 2-4 competitions..

if senior 5 AND open 5 got a bid with Susie crossing over

could Susie still compete with the open 5 team at worlds?

and could Sally still compete with Senior 5 at worlds?

im not sure if this makes sense but if you get what i mean then could anyone clear this up for me?

In your scenario either girl could compete with either team. Susie could be rostered as a primary team member of either team because she was on the team when they earned the bid.

Sally could be rostered as an alternate for either team because she did not compete on the same floor when either team got their bid so she can't be a substitute.

Go to usasf.net and download the Worlds information packet. You'll be able to answer questions like this yourself or help others.

how would worlds know if susie was filling in for sally

unless they check every single athletes names and compare them to the other teams in that gym to see if they are crossing over on to another team! but i dont know what goes on at worlds so...

how would worlds know if susie was filling in for sally

unless they check every single athletes names and compare them to the other teams in that gym to see if they are crossing over on to another team! but i dont know what goes on at worlds so...

You could always take the risk and hope no one finds out. Sally could be rostered and Suzie could "pretend" to be Sally. But if anyone from your team (hypothetical "your") talks about it and someone else hears and passes it along to one of the event staff, you could get disqualified and waste a huge amount of money.

Same thing with competing with someone from another gym who hasn't been released - you could probably get away with it, but is it worth the risk?

Both teams can compete at Worlds.
Suzie can only compete on one team.
If Sally was a rostered alternate she can compete otherwise, another rostered alternate will need to take the spot left by Suzie.

You could always take the risk and hope no one finds out. Sally could be rostered and Suzie could "pretend" to be Sally. But if anyone from your team (hypothetical "your") talks about it and someone else hears and passes it along to one of the event staff, you could get disqualified and waste a huge amount of money.

Same thing with competing with someone from another gym who hasn't been released - you could probably get away with it, but is it worth the risk?

The consequences are actually more severe than that. Every coach and participant signs and agrees to this:

I understand if one or more members of our team is found to be ineligible, is destructive to Disney property and/or competition-related
property, or behaves inappropriately, our team will:
A. Be disqualified.
B. Be responsible for repaying the total cost of any funds received through a “Paid” or “Partial Paid” bid.
C. Will not be eligible for any type of bid to The Cheerleading Worlds for the following year.

This is random but I have been wondering and this is the perfect thread to ask in, Was 07' the last year for crossovers at worlds or was it 06'?

Back