All-Star Crushing On A Coach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TheVipersMom

Biggest (stalker) Fan '14
Cheer Parent
Apr 3, 2011
I thought about putting this in the other thread about coaches and athletes dating but i didn't really want to take it totally off topic...

So my daughter goes to a gym for tumbling different then our cheer gym.
So here it is my daughter is 6 and she is absolutely head over heels for a coach at this gym. He isn't even her tumbling coach as we speak because he works with other classes.

Anyways she tells me how she loves him and he is so cute. She tells me how cool it is that both of their first names start and end with the same letter. Everytime before we leave she must give him a hug, she will make me wait go look for him and find him to do this. She tells me she wants to take privates with him. She asks me to change her to his tumbling class. The allstar gym we tumble at and the one we cheer at go to one of the same competitions and She already asked if he will take a pic with her that day. Then today she tells me she wants him to be her cheer coach.

He is nice to her and stuff but she takes it way to far. Of course he dont think nothing of it besides it's cute and I've been thinking how cute it was the whole time too. Obviously he aint trying to date her but she tells me she is going to marry him..

Anyone else have this problem? .. Will it pass? We are several months in and every week it gets more and more...

I know young kids in general might find other people way out if their age range cute but she ain't never liked a boy like she likes him!!

Any other thoughts?! No I don't see anything wrong and he is a great person and the gym is great but I'm just asking for personal opinions about kids crushing!!!

Yes I mean I obviously don't think she will marry him, but she has liked Justin bieber and several other kids in her class but nothing like this. She is obsessed, I don't know if I should feed her addiction by seeing if she can tumble with him and everything or if I should leave her be!

Young girls go through all kinds of different psychological phases w/reference to "love", "crushes", etc. For example, girls around 4ish tend to want to marry their fathers. They don't understand romantic love. Neither do 6 year old's. I've seen young girls "crush" on just about anyone. Obviously there's something about him that has caused her to become a little more fixated than usual, but it's probably harmless.

The only possible thing I could think of that might be a negative is if she's regularly exposed to older girls who are actually into boys, or if there's anything that could possibly cause/contribute to her become oversexualized. If you're not worried, then I'm sure things are fine and she's just "crushing" in the way that little girls do.

Yes I mean I obviously don't think she will marry him, but she has like Justin bieber and several other kids in her class but nothing like this. She is obsessed, I don't know if I should feed her addiction by seeing if she can tumble with him and everything or if I should leave her be!

Now I'm not sure if I would indulge her in that.. There's a difference between her being around him and you encouraging it (even if not in the way you intend obviously). Now maybe you could let her take a couple of tumbling classes and see if she does better w/this person or if she's just distracted. If she improves then maybe you let her do the tumbling w/him.

Now I'm not sure if I would indulge her in that.. There's a difference between her being around him and you encouraging it (even if not in the way you intend obviously). Now maybe you could let her take a couple of tumbling classes and see if she does better w/this person or if she's just distracted. If she improves then maybe you let her do the tumbling w/him.

Ahhh you are soooo smart, thanks. I didn't think of that. I appreciate your info as we know I'm very young. I didn't want to encourage her but then again I didn't want to just be like no. She may do better or your right her constant googley eyes over him may distract her. I may let her dreams come true and give it a shot!! Thanks!!:)

Me & all of my friends were obsessed with new kids on the block. At that time we would have bet out own life that we would marry our favorite one when we grew up! LOL It definitely passes, then you think what was I thinking! LOL

Me & all of my friends were obsessed with new kids on the block. At that time we would have bet out own life that we would marry our favorite one when we grew up! LOL It definitely passes, then you think what was I thinking! LOL

Jordan. Just sayin...

i was staffing for a camp for a high school and one of the girls ended up crushing on me and i only found out because the girls on her team straight up yelled it "COACH, SHE THINKS YOU'RE CUTE AND SHE HAS A CRUSH ON YOU!" hahahah i felt bad for the girl.. i just laughed and said "Thank you im flattered" i really didnt know what to say... troughout the weekend they kept saying things to her about her crushing on me and i felt bad for the girl but she held her self up really well i must say i backed her up afterwards and she just smiled.

now about the girls at my gym idk if they crush on me (and if they do i wouldnt want to find out LOL)

now my self as an athlete.. i have my coach crushes but that im keeping to my self heheheheh ;)

psh I still think I am going to marry Justin Timberlake (I was a diehard Nsync fan).

Lol me too, I had there concert on video with justins blonde hair and he was dressed so wacky but I sung and dance to him for hours every day thinkkkkin aww he is so cute!!!

Back