All-Star CSG Super Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 17, 2010
March 12-13, 2011 at the Schaumburg Convention Center near Chicago.

2 paid bids, 6 at large bids to the Cheerleading Worlds
1 partial paid bid, 2 at large bids to the Dance Worlds

Who will be there?

Platinum Athletics will be bringing:
Small Mini 1
Small Senior 1
Large Senior 2
Small Senior 3
Large Senior 4
Small Limited Coed 5
(Possibly) International Coed Level 6

That is not a very good comp in my opinion. It's not ran very well and the scoring is so outta whack! Didn't a few teams protest to the USASF last yr about that comp last yr?

That is not a very good comp in my opinion. It's not ran very well and the scoring is so outta whack! Didn't a few teams protest to the USASF last yr about that comp last yr?

I work for CSG, and no, that didn't happen. Also, the scoring is (and always was) level adjusted and changes have been made to the score sheet this year, so it's pretty cut and dry.

Oh really? So there is not such a huge scoring gap between judges this yr? Last yr we had 3 diff judges who scored us and they scores were 15-18 points away from each other which is why I brought up the scoring.

Oh really? So there is not such a huge scoring gap between judges this yr? Last yr we had 3 diff judges who scored us and they scores were 15-18 points away from each other which is why I brought up the scoring.

I don't work with the judges or scoring at the competitions, so I can't really respond to your issue from last year. I know that your difficulty scores should be 100% the same for each category across the board. The differences in scores come with the points for execution. The judging coordinator will hear anyone out regarding issues or questions with their scores or deductions at any competition. Our goal, like anyone else's, is to be fair and make sure everyone ends up with the placement they have rightfully earned. If your concern is legitimate (I'm absolutely not suggesting that yours isn't) and you seek out an answer, you will get the answer or resolution you deserve.

This has ALL the information about this year's scoring, including the scoresheets: http://www.championspiritgroup.com/scoring

So far, we have received very positive feedback about the new changes to the scoresheet.

I was satisfied at CSG last year. It was a great competition and everyone was very friendly. The only confusion I remember is about deductions. Some teams got deductions for dropped stunts/tumbling busts - While others did not. There didnt seem to be a clear set of "deductions" or understanding by all that. Overall, I felt at the end of the day - teams placed where they deserved!

I was satisfied at CSG last year. It was a great competition and everyone was very friendly. The only confusion I remember is about deductions. Some teams got deductions for dropped stunts/tumbling busts - While others did not. There didnt seem to be a clear set of "deductions" or understanding by all that. Overall, I felt at the end of the day - teams placed where they deserved!

How can teams place where they deserve if some teams were getting deductions and some teams were not?

How can teams place where they deserve if some teams were getting deductions and some teams were not?

That seemed to have been happening on Day 1. Day 2 kind of seemed to right the wrong.

That seemed to have been happening on Day 1. Day 2 kind of seemed to right the wrong.

So they went back and gave people deductions on day 2 that they didn't give on day 1 to make it right? I'm a little confused. Regardless the scoring last year in my opinion was not that good. Way too inconsistent for me. Then to add what you stated makes it even worse. I will say that the CSG staff in very nice though and based off of this yrs score sheets, the scoring should be more consistent. I hope we can go back!!!

No, they didnt do anything Day 2 to make up for day one, but Day 2 was just weighted more heavily and it seemed that it was judged more fair and, for the most part, I think the placements came out to where they should have been, despite problems with Day 1 scores.

Back